The impression I get barry, is that you sound like a pencil-necked upper class poncey boy . Ruffians! "I say jeeves, those snowboarder types look like right bounders and cads eh what? Righto, back to mummy for lashings of ginger beer and pudding. Hoorah".

Are you taking the p#ss or what? \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by The Worlds Biggest Prick:
Of course, barry's 5th post reminds me of deebee's first post, only deebee took a whole page to say what barry did in two lines.
That is one thought that crossed my mind.

I was indeed put off snowboarding by the image of them being little brats in baggy pants. I still am actually.

Where is the 'up yours' smiley? :p
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
Of course, barry's 5th post reminds me of deebee's first post, only deebee took a whole page to say what barry did in two lines.
Well.......hoorah for barry, poncey and concise :p

the pe skis nice, The girl even nicer.

What did we used to say in school... clothes are just clothes. I like snowboard clothes better. The jackets are baggy which means you can stuff more crap in there. The pants again baggy you can move easier in the air. I dont hang my pants and show my undies. ( you dont want to see those). Plus snowboard gear is so cheap. The suppliers always make way too much and they sell for next to nothing the next season. 4 good ski friends this year fully kitted for a total of 70000 yen. Thats stealing in my books. So yeah I be a ruffian, boy.

I like to stick to Mountaineering clothing. Ski and snowboarding clothing is made cheaply for resort riding. Mountainearing clothing is made for wearing 2,3 even 4 months straight and meant to take abuse like crampons and ice axes. If it can hold up on super intense mountains then its good equipment. You may have to pay a little more but it will last for years.

I got me Mec jacket and north face pants too.

Dont need to wear that here though. Heli hansen gear is pretty good it holds up to most temps. The only part that gets cold is me face. If I was going winter camping then I would bring me mec gear but most of the time im inbounds or just outside the ropes for a short 2 to 6 hours I dont need the heavy stuff.

My new fila jacket ihas all the vents and systems that my mec has so it should be good.

Also my old morrow jacket was so waterproof it was the bomb. that jacket still is killer.

Too right there Barry!

Snowboarders should slick back their hair and wear a leather jacket, a white T-shirt (numbered), and Levis. Just like The Fonz.

fonzopen.jpg

The Fonz says "HEY!"

Personally, and I may be alone in this, I like to dress up in true dandy fashion (outdoor style) on the slopes. Brown tweed jacket, cream jodpers (incase I need to hop on the live steed for the uphill) grandfathers` driving goggles give excellent protection from everything including local wildfowl doodoo. I find riding boots offer excellent support all the way up to the knee.... ah I could go on but instead just ask me when you see me, should be easy to spot.......

\:D