For those with Skyperfectv, what channels do you get?

I have the erabu15 pack - I can choose 15 channels - news, drama, movies, music channels mostly - which is 2800 yen a month and from August>May get the footie package which this year is 3500 yen a month. So with the basic charge as well it's about 6500 yen a month.

Wondering what other people get.

"platinum pack": the 3 star movies channels + 3 Jsports channels. and the "news pack": CNN, BBC, National Geographic and a couple of others I never watch.

platinum pack is 3000, the news pack is 1000

I dont think they offer those packs anymore.

Thats it, no basic pack, just premium channels as that is all I want to watch: Movies, sports, news and the odd doco.

Mine comes to just under 8000 yen - the basic channels + sports set + movie set. I should really look and see if I can rearrange it, haven't changed the setup for quite a while.

I just have the basic set up. For the quality of their programming, I think it's crap. I don't know if it is Sky or the private channels that buy material from America, but the shows are never-ending reruns. it sucks.

Fox = I hate it. Every time I turn on that station, it's "24 catch up" or "American Idol season 6 encore." They try to justify their not purching new shows by calling them "catch up" or "encore". They'll even show the same show twice in one day.

Nat.Geo. and Discovery are okay here and there, but also play heeps of repeats.

CNN will show repeat news monday morning because they don't show sunday night (american time) programming. How the HELL can news be a fricking repeat?

I quite dislike sky and should just chuck it.

I'm with you samurai!

The thing that I have never understood is when CNN became CNNJ they scraped the am news shows and now show US shows real time?? Am now = evening current affair shows and Pm = morning shows. It's backwards.

I think it's really good. I watch some Fox and Fox Crime as well as AXN and Super Channel - some good programs on there. I don't think you're supposed to watch it 24 hours a day. I pay I think just over 5000 yen a month and for me it's easy worth it.

Anyway, don't all satellite channels in other countrys repeat a lot as well?

I've got cable as it came with a broadband package. I **** hate CNN, I thought BBC News was on cable but its not. CNN is sooo one sided. American news pisses me off, why do they show that here, I have no interest in whether Billy-bob and Lucy-Jane from arkansas agrees with the cheesemeister Lou Dobbs. I hate Lou Dobbs, that **** thinks he should be the President of America!!

Basic 410 yen

Package 2800 yen

Footie 3600 yen (Sept - Apr)

Movies 1890 yen

How much is that then......... 8700 yen

I never watch Japanese tv and really glad to have skyperfect.

everything on fox is on the net, they have nothing new that's why I stopped watching the out dated crap.

I watch a bit of J TV these days, mainly due to my kids liking it. It's not all bad, there's some pretty funny stuff on.

Well good for you! Hurrah for the net!!! clap.gif

For me, the channels I have provide more than enough entertainment for my needs from the comfort of my sofa.

Haven't we been through this more than a few times before.

Same here, I'm perfectly happy to just turn the tv on and watch the things I have recorded from sky.

Just out of (a bit of) interest. What setup do you "download it from the web" guys have? Where do you download them from? How do you find them? Do you do it from a tv screen or from your pc first? Do you then burn disc? How does it work?

\:\)

scouser,

my friend ;\) gets most of his stuff from mininova or other aussie tv sites.

I watch most of my stuff from my comp (20 inch) but sometimes hook the laptop up to my TV when I want to sit on the couch and have the stereo sound.

You can burn discs but that's pretty useless and wasteful. If you get a cheap Divx dvd player then you can burn quick and watch that way if ya want.

I'm really glad that I have it. I don't need the "latest episodes" of everything because I haven't seen much anyway. 24 Season 4 and Prison Break Season 1 are just fine with me!

The idea of watching stuff on a pc to me sounds just awful. The more time I can be away from a computer the better!

Originally Posted By: BettyBoo!
I'm really glad that I have it. I don't need the
The idea of watching stuff on a pc to me sounds just awful.

depends on your PC set up, if you have a big LCD monitor and comfy seat then its great, if you sit at a dining room table with a piddly laptop then that is probably a pain.
Also there are a lot HDTV torrents around these days (of major shows like Lost) and unless you have a sweet big screen LCD TV like grungy gonads has then your regular crappy old TV wont be able to show the HD is all its goodness - your LCD computer monitor will though.
After watching things in HDTV its bloody hard to go back watch regular resolution