Hey snowboarders, when I was in the US recently I picked up a copy of Future and saw that their international subscription rates are super cheap. It's only $15 for a year (7 issues). That's super cheap! I think I paid around $60 for Onboard. I find that the Japanese mags are all about fashion (this is what this pro is wearing) and how-to's, plus only have so-so photography...so I always get a mag from abroad to get some real snowbo stoke

I'll post the link when I find it

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Future's pretty good, but I'm pretty sure they lost a lot of customers (including me) when they stopped including a DVD with each issue. I think SNOWBOARD magazine is better, and it's almost as cheap, and it has some solid photography.

The best snow mag in the US is easily Frequency. It's more of a coffee table book than a magazine, and easily has the best writing, articles and photography in the US. It's international prices will make Onboard seem like a steal though.

I don't know about the US dvd's included in mags but the japanese ones are a rip. I think they used the dvd as an excuse to bump the price of a mag up to 1000yen. The japanese dvd's aren't really worth watching. I think if you're going to include a 'free' dvd you can't raise the price of the mag.

Onboard, on the other hand, has proper releases by crews on the national level. It's great to see some of the scandinavian videos. They also have team vids put out by the major companies which just reassemble all the team riders parts from the major videos.

what do they do with the us mags?

yeah, I'll give you fall line

hey did you get your sigma sv jacket and sniper zip yet?

sigma sv is real nice but the hood is masssssssssssive.

gonna sell the sniper fleeces because they don't have drawstrings around the waist

The only US mag to do a DVD was Future, and that didn't even last a season. They had proper releases though. Burton team DVD's, 91 Words for Snow (an excellent snow film), and other worthy stuff.

I've only seen a few of TWSJ's DVD's (the first handful), and they were pretty hit or miss. More of the latter, unfortunately.

Originally Posted By: Creek Boy
 Originally Posted By: Kumapix
have you tried the post office? it's way cheaper than fedex or ups

or you could fly back and pick them up....

Post Office, I thought they didnt go over like 130cm or so?

CB, USPS will ship anything as long as you have it in a proper box.
make sure she labels them "used" or "gift" or "used gift" or "soiled used" or else customs will tack on duty--30%!!!
  • 2 weeks later...