There were a few runs in one of the Sapporo city resorts (can't remember which one) that were skiers only. I think I've seen signs in a few other places but where it does exist it's usually only one run or so full of 60 year old skiers so it's not a big sacrifice to avoid it.

hahaha, what a funny video!! lol.gif I like the the old guy, he sounds like a hilbilly, calling boards missiles!!! hahaha.

"They don't see our point at all!".....do you see there point?

"They are smart alecs...".....god forbid!

"We approach them in a calm and reasonable manner"....and tell them to piss off basically, so no wonder they gave you a mouthful of cheek.

80's 'taches are great as well eh??

• SnowJapan Admin

I've mentioned it before somewhere, but I used to work for a resort in Yuzawa called NASPA Ski Garden (the capitals are very important). \:\)

Since it opened 15 years ago it has been skiers-only and (as far as I know) there are no signs of that changing and they emphasize that point as part of their marketing. The fact is that a fair number of guests that went to the resort - and still do - choose it because of the fact that it is skiers-only. (It's also a hotel and you can get packages there that include lift tickets to Gala Yuzawa where you can snowboard, and of course there are other resorts really close by so quite a lot of snowboarders still end up staying at the hotel).

Agree with the policy of not, it is one that a handful of resorts seem to believe works for various reasons and set to keep.