1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

SJ's, the chat box would be a heap more usable if it had some kind of notification of when someone said something. I say something and then forget to check back to see if anyone has replied. Blame it on my short span of attention!

It would need to be configurable so you could turn notification on or off. Other IM's either make a noise, flash something on your screen or temporarily bring up a mini screen.

Maybe it is just me, I read the forums, play on the shout box and get bored when no one replies so I move on to something else and forget to check for replies. Sometimes I say something or ask a question and am interested in the answer. By the time I check back the I can't scroll back far enough or the box is closed. I find it a bit frustrating.

However I realise not everyone wants their computer beeping at them every few seconds, hence suggesting that any notifications should be configurable. ie you can turn them off.

• SnowJapan Admin

Taken a quick look into this and had a bit of a talk about it. While it might be technically possible to modify things to add this functionality, it would need development time and we have just got too many other things in development at the moment that have much more priority.

We'll keep it in mind for the future though.

(Personally, I don't really think it would be worth the effort it would take to implement it and think the chatbox serves its purpose fairly well at the moment).

>Personally, I don't really think it would be worth the effort it would take to implement it and think the chatbox serves its purpose fairly well at the moment

yeah, just what we need, more "beeeeeeeeps" in the country, let alone SJ. Boooo. No noise is best (for me) \:\) But, on you go, more work for you guys ;\)