I am sure things may well have changed now, but when I was last there some years back, it was shut at night. Most places in Japan apart from the odd ones that cater to that crowd, actually close the parks around dusk.

if it is not snowing, then the night session is pretty hard and rock solid. i can't imagine that's the best time to hit the park.

if it is snowing, then the park will be the last place you'll want to hit for the nighta.

if you are keen as mustard, you can duck a few ropes and hit the big hip and small tabletop under the alpen quad. i used to like doing one or 2 laps through this at the end of a run, but if you do it more than a few times they might get pissed.

a fun nighta run is trying to straightline all the fresh soft pow and chop from the top of the alpen quad. mack speed and a good strength test for yor legs

there are some other runs that are epic beyond belief, but even though i will never go back to niseko i won't be sharing them with many people. i love the night riding there, it is soooooooo much fun

Around mid Jan last season the park over at hanazono was as piss weak as it is possible to be and still be considered a park. Really, really, really bad, and I'm not a big user of parks. The people running the place yelled at the two guys I was with because they had the cheek to hike the only half decent jump rather than going all the way back down and up the lift again.

Originally Posted By: Indo
love da ni-ta too. That's why i'm going back this season for a sayonara session.
I personally wouldn't even be going to Hokkaido if it's parks you want.

ditto, epic nitas but parks are pretty much rubbish. Powder is so-so ;\) :p
 Originally Posted By: Indo
I personally wouldn't even be going to Hokkaido if it's parks you want.

I wouldn't even go to Japan if it's parks you want!

If you seriously want parks, go to the States, where there will be parks bigger than whole resorts here in Japan!
Plus the resorts will be years ahead in terms of maintaining and prioritising parks - the Olympic halfpipe from the first Olympics to have snowboarding (imagine the marketing potential...) was even knocked down in that particular resort.

Or, if you are in Oz, just go to snowpark in NZ.

Come to Japan, but not for park.... as I've asked before, has anyone ever been to one decent park here???

A decent park has a good selection of jumps, rails and a half pipe (or two). Check here for a good park.

The best park I've seen is in Lake Louise - massive, massive jumps. Mind you they did have a national comp there that year. Never been to the states - I bet there are even bigger parks there.