• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Indo
 Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot

Vid please? I'm definately going to get an EVO X - it's a must have.

I'll set up a youtube and PM you the link.

I didn't get the PM...did you upload yet?

Originally Posted By: Mr Wiggles
60,000km a year a 6km a litre is is 10,000 litres. At current Japan prices that's nearly 1.4 million yen a year!

As the Aussies here know driving here is always going to add up to a lot of KM, its a big country, luckilly we can drive much faster than in Japan.

On average Aussies drive around 20-25,000km per year. Here in Japan I'd say it's about half that.

I just bought a Subaru Forrester yesterday. I had one in Aus and love them so it's good to have one again.

It wasn't the distance that got me so much as the cost!

Me and the missus do around 20,000km, a lot of it visiting her folks. It costs us around 160,000 yen, I reckon. Tack on 100,000 in tolls (boo!). We've got a Prius and a diesel SUV.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Porsche announced plans to build a hybrid version of its Cayenne SUV by the end of the decade. It will share much of its powertrain with Audi's Q7 hybrid concept--which debuted in Frankfurt--although we expect the gasoline-powered portion to be a Porsche-exclusive unit, possibly the 4.4-liter V-8. The hybrid Cayenne should exhibit a 15-percent fuel savings over regular examples.

---------------------------------------------

Maybe this for my midlife crisis.

12453_CEEAUKXTTFOWR.jpg

cayennehybrid17.jpg

cayennehybrid11.jpg

Yeh but if its a hybrid then it means it was EVEN MORE EXPENSIVE than a regular Cayanne and therefore the driver is rich/strong/bigman etc. Additionally, the driver is doing his bit for the environment unlike the rest of you no-goods.

FJ-80 with a 3F-E 4.0L inline-6. Brand new it got about 14MPG, but now 17-years on, it's more like 11. I wish we got the 1HD-FTE turbodiesel in the 'States... that gets stellar mileage.

The Prado is a Hilux Surf in disguise - not a "real" F-chassis Araco Land Cruiser. laugh.gif