Anyone else seen any of the reviews of the iphone? Look quite positive, looks like a really nice little machine. I wonder if there is any chance of this coming out in Japan... more issues than a simple music player I would imagine.

I want one but there will probably be teething problems galore and the AT&T service they are using in the USA isn't even that good.

Still way too expensive but lot of reports have said that they expect the price to drop big time..

Originally Posted By: thursday
A phone and an MP3 player, all in one. How original. Samsung have been doing this a long time, so too Motorola, so too..........

Overpriced, overhyped, soon to be over here.

definitely over priced, but none of those phones let you run your mac apps, so good news for the mac users when the price drops.
 Originally Posted By: scouser
Yes just skin the loyal Apple fans first, then drop the price.
Kind of ironic isn't it?

They've been skinning the Apple faithful since day one. No change there.

I'm a fossil. I use the keitai for making phone calls and my computer for email. Don't have an MP3 player, hate headphones.

Why would I want to run computer apps on a moble?

Curious how the faithful became faithful when they have been skinned so much.

And I agree with you soubriquet. There's just too much silly functionality out there that most people don't need. I suppose I am a fossil too.

Does anyone actually use the camera on their phone? Shitty low res images… what’s the point?

And whenever you’re at a gig, every gimp in the audience spends the entire show waving their littlee phone around, trying to take a pic.

I’ve started using my phone less and less. I leave it on silent and refuse to be a slave to it. I own the phone, the phone doesn’t own me.

I use the camera for recording data, like train-schedules, etc. And sending photos to my wife of my pee in the snow.

The iPhone looks rad and fun to use but I can't justify the price. Especially when I can get a jap/english dictionary, an mp3 player, a tv (that I never use), a 2.1 mgpxl camera, and a port for up to an additional gig of memory... all for free.

Oh wait... I can't surf the net on my phone. dang. so much for my desire to squint.

it freaks me out when freaks queue for 5 days just to be one of the first to hand over their undeserved cash to deserving con companies.

But looking at the interface and the write ups, these people deserve the Iphone. The OS is NOT upgradable. Queue again in 6 months.

Originally Posted By: SirJibAlot
Due to activation problems that prevent you from even using it as an ipod, many are calling this device an iBrick!

no worries 'DVD Jon' the Norwegian kid who hacked CSS DVD encryption has already hacked the activation on the iphone

iphone hacked