Yes, local. About 20 minutes away. Unlike the UK, you can also park free of charge.

She left for work after lunch today with the cheery message "...if you need anything to eat, go to the shop and buy it!".

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

THE French army was in chaos last night after the resignation of its most senior general left it temporarily unable to retreat.

The French perfected the art of running away after Napoleon's disastrous retreat from Moscow in 1812

General Bruno Cuche quit his post after one of his soldiers shot 17 civilians at a military show instead of just putting down his gun and running away.

The general's shock departure left the army chain of command in disarray with senior officers unsure who was now responsible for ordering retreats and surrenders.

Guy Delafarge, a captain stationed in east Afghanistan, said: "We were 'iding in a cave like usual, waiting for ze order to run away, but it did not come.

"I get on ze radio and demand zey pull us out, as Alain was sure he 'ear someone step on a twig. And anyway, we were down to ze last dozen bottles of ze Chateau Gazin '82.

"But zey tell me I 'ave to stay put, take my chances with ze Taleban and drink ze '84. I refuse! I say I will not endanger my men. Ze '84 is ze worst vintage since we surrender to ze Nazis in '41!"

Military historian Denys Finch-Hatton said the current inability of the French to retreat could give them the advantage of surprise.

He added: "This could be the first time since the Battle of the Marne in 1914 that they will have had to fight for more than 20 minutes."

I did the deed this morning, and dropped her off at hospital. The timing is good because they have a visiting consultant surgeon up from Tokyo for the week. Her main concern was whether she'd be fit to lift 25kg bags of flour by next Monday. :sigh:

Nice here too. Very comfortable in shorts and T shirt. Just back from hospital. The memsahib isn't out of surgery yet, so I missed her. She's going to be coming home minus one tit, but coming home nevertheless.

So, she'll be minus one of the minor parts - main thing is that the rest of her gets home and gets well!