• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: thursday
Tennants Super and Carlsberg Special Brew. Tastes disgusting, but it gets you pissed..

Great stuff. Have you ever considered writing advertising copy for a living?
 Originally Posted By: scouser
Fish and seafood. I can really do without it, what I can eat I am very fussy on.

Agreed. I've had 50 years of people explaining how wonderful seafood is.

"Try it, you'll like it."

"It tastes like Shite"

"You aren't trying, it's really good."

"I've been trying since they stuffed this crap down me at primary school. It still tastes like shite."

If I had the choice I would enjoy seafood. I don't and can't. It tastes like shite.

Good post soubs. What is it with people who think that because they like it then everyone must like it. (Oh maybe I know that). I have some friends who sometimes annoy me by every time we go out trying to get me to eat something they know I don't like and they seem to think that by me trying it again I am suddenly going to like it. Not going to happen. "Oh but it's delicious" and other hilarity (and annoyance) ensues.

Originally Posted By: Bushpig
nah mate, haven't for a coupla years now. Kirin or Ebisu

That's interesting. I used to drink Asahi, but now I've moved to Kirin too.

Big-Will. Annoyance yes. I went out for a meal in Hong Kong with about 10 other people once. Everyone ordered seafood, I ordered pork or chicken. When it was all set out on the carousel, everyone had a dig at my "alternative" dish. By the time it got to me, I was looking at an empty plate. Sigh.

good point indo!

i like seafood but find some of it too fiddly. i'm not good with cracking open crabs and lobsters, plus it kinda reminds me of the fact that i'm eating a giant (sea) bug/insect.

but if someone wants to shell a fresh cray for me that's another matter entirely.

yes, i'm aware of how wussy that sounds

Tennants Super and Carlsberg Special Brew. Yes they are both absolutely disgusting. I often had a few of them when I was a stude to get pissed up, but drinking them was difficult -- just had to think about the noble cause. I often got onto Vodka though as it was easier.

Soubs, where did you eat in HK? was it anywhere special?

I've had a few of those microbrew super beers at about 17% alcohol. The were like drinking double condensed cough medicine. Belgium makes a lot of those.