Yeah, right lol.gif

It gave me a laugh seeing a piece of rubbish tortured to death, but it's still wrong. I can just forgive Hendrix for destroying his guitar at Monterrey. He only did it once and he could play. I despised The Who, and that had nothing to do with the bloated crap they passed off as music.

Its' a good show though, I like it. Its like a magazine program, mainly entertainment with a bit of factual stuff. If you want pure techie facts then you can look in a manual or something or on the web. I used to hate Clarkson but I quite like him now, hes quite funny and the ideas they have for the show are really good.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
What a tosser, what a waste of a car, what a huge smoke pollution plume he made............why, to 'express' his distaste for something.
Yeah.....
I don't think Clarkson would be carbon neutral!
;\)

Keep in mind, a television show is a product. It's a product that delivers eyeballs to advertisers. Advertisers tend to pay the most money for male eyeballs 18-24 because they tend to spend the most money. Males 18-24 probably were chanting "BLOW - IT - UP" while the car was dangling.

They have obviously found that thier core audience wasn't attracting the kind of advertisers they wanted and are now going for a demographic that is much younger, otherwise they wouldn't be going for the cheap thrill. I would have thought a car show like that would be after older more afluent folks?

I like it (the senseless destruction) for light relief, my favourite was when they played conkers with caravans hoisted up by cranes.

It would be fair to say that political correctness is not one of Clarkson's strengths...

I think the wantonness of Top Gear is perfect, because after all the concept of a car is basically wanton. So in some ways you could even call the show an art statement. This is kind of the opposite of how the big oil companies now have all this eco-crap going on in the adverts, as if they are not raping the environment.