This morning I just about feel ok after yesterday being a blur of a bad hangover.

I'll blame the cheap wine. (Not the huge amounts of beer, cocktails and wine I drank). Good night though I think. But was it worth it? Hmmmm.

I've never had a hangover that bad. I remember a friend back in college claiming to have a 3 day hangover, but I think he was just refilling himself and that didn't count.

Your longest?

as long as you stick to booze, hangovers are usually manageable. back in the days when i was on the gear all the time, i'd wake up with hangovers bon scott woulda been proud of.

the weird thing about alcohol is that you can poison yourself all friday night, feel like death all day saturday, and then when your housemate will offer you a beer at 4 in the arvo you'll happily start the whole bloody cycle again.

I don't get really bad hangovers much these days. I think I have a built in mechanism that kicks in to prevent me from drinking that last fatal drink, that's usually the one that kills me. And I drink about 2 litres of water before I go to bed and thats sometimes a pretty hard task!

I'm the opposite, I get them with less alcohol. I try to drink as much water as possible before sleeping if I have drunk a fair bit. Having said that I've not been totally out of it for quite some time now.

I've had one where I felt pretty awful for the best part of 3 days. My "friends" had done some mixing of drinks behind my back. Very dangerous in fact. I was so so terribly drunk that time. I feel ill just thinking about it.

eat drink and be merry!!! I drank some fine sake last night I feel fine goes well after a carbonara.

personally I stay away from "too much" asahi super dry, I prefer a couple german, belgian beers. going for quality these days.

At college once I didn't get up for a whole day. It was the next day when I finally got up and I still felt pretty bad. My room smelt real bad as well. Curry had been involved. lol.gif

I didn't drink for a month or so after that.

January 1st, 1996 until January 7th.

First New Year with the prospective in-laws.

Beer, wine, sake of unknown quantities together with a dose of food poisoning made being alive unbearable for 3 days, terrible for 3 days and a little better than dead for 2 days.

I never want to go there again.