My one and only proper one is tomorrow night.

I feel sorry for a few girls at our place who eat almost nothing and drink even less... but still pay the same as Mr Kacho who drinks and eats like a pig non stpp for 3 hours.

Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
I feel sorry for a few girls at our place who eat almost nothing and drink even less... but still pay the same as Mr Kacho who drinks and eats like a pig non stpp for 3 hours.
That's pretty harsh vron. Mr Kacho is only doing what he's supposed to - leading by example and doing his best to create the right atmosphere. And perhaps Mr Kacho has more, and worst stuff to forget than Miss OL. Have a heart.
 Quote:
Originally posted by veronica:
My one and only proper one is tomorrow night.

That's entirely their own fault for eating almost nothing and drinking even less.

What's their excuse? Being rubbish at eating?

That is a great thing about Japan, and I guess a reason why nomikai's are so cheap. In a big group girls may only drink one drink, and guys about 5. So Nomikai places can keep the cost around 1000 for 2 hours. Get a few gaijin guys in there and you drink much more than the price. Its all good.

If girls are sitting in the corner not drinking and telling themselves how "pure" they are, I am going to drink harder, knowing they are paying for the experience.

Edited to add: They even have the pleasure of pouring out my beer for me. (not that I am a beer drinker) Japan is the best.

have one. not looking forward to it, my hoity toity staff are planning an over night at some onsen hotel. thumbsdown.gif i'm currently looking for a reason out so that i may hang out with my real friends an actually have a good time while spending a fraction of the cost.

I have one with my NPO where we'll bake bread and potatoes in an earth oven on a hillside overlooking the sea, and a Christmas party with some Canadians and Americans no doubt with some guitars and blues harps.

And that's it. It shouldn't be too trying.

None for me this year unless the lady arranges to go out for dinner to catch up with some of our mates. (not likely, might be a new years thing)

I'll probably just go out with a mate, Bonenkai gives us an excuse!

Working for yourself is great because we don't don't have to go to all of these lame parties.

It must be. I have 2, one of them tonight. I might try and get out of the other one.

What I want to know is - do many people going to these things wish they weren't there? More than half? Seems people are doing it just for the sake of having one. .

THanks for asking dee-spudbee.

He got a lot drunk but knows better even then to try and kiss me. There are some far easier prospects at the party for him!! lol.gif It was fairly fun, I made my escape before they went on to the sanjikai and karaoke. No thanks!

\:\)

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of the work parties I have had in my time here have been on stange days. Monday nights, the night before a ceremony or something. Some of my colleagues in my time have also had this amazing ability to get plastered and turn up for work looking normal the next day. I'm not so good at that!