It's just a bit silly isn't it? Silly costumes, bowing and preening in front of a crowd.

And don't get me started on the ladies events being more than a little, er, distasteful with the blatant showing of body, "hey look here" poses.

Had to be said.

My missus really gets into it so when it's on I can't avoid seeing most of it. I'd rather watch curling if I had to choose. The only good bit is when they fluff a jump and do that funny 'boing' thing, or when they fall on their bums. It's a bit like watching F1 for the crashes, or rugby for the big men punching each other - not nearly enough of the fun bits.

I find those weird "not quite flesh"-coloured tights and dresses made with sections of the same material a real turn-off. Tights over the skates is also a big no-no.

Real flesh is best!

I expected a lot more pictures on this thread! Come on!

Here are a few...

ss_060220_costume_tease.300w.jpg

belva1.jpg

431.jpg

apparently she's a figure skater...

sandhu_46653.jpg

Kuma, thanks for the pic of you when you were younger lol.gif I had to include this! FT playing ice-hockey!

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard:

And don't get me started on the ladies events being more than a little, er, distasteful with the blatant showing of body, "hey look here" poses.
You take that away and what's left for us gents

Miki isn't hot anymore????

I need proof
Or maybe I don't want to see any pictures and just remember how hot she used to be
 Quote:
And she has always had that annoying way of speaking without moving her mouth
lol.gif Yes! Funny. And a lot of sniffing too.

That Mao kid seems to be the most natural of the lot now (right?)
  • 2 weeks later...
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:
I find those weird "not quite flesh"-coloured tights and dresses made with sections of the same material a real turn-off. Tights over the skates is also a big no-no.

Real flesh is best!
Yeah I agree \:D

Weird thing is, during practices, many female figureskaters wear clothes that reveal real skin and they look athletic to boot. But in competition they have to get all weird on us, boo wakaranai.gif

Perhaps atheletic is not the look they want for their graceful moves.

Tights over skates looks very strange. Reminds me of Alan Smiths bone sticking out in the wrong place when he broke it on the footie pitch last year or whenever that was.

I always laugh at the costumes the blokes wear and thing - would I wear that? Not that I ever really sit down to watch figure skating dudes you understand!