"The Ashes starts tomorrow!"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

indo didnt you see my free live audio link back in the thread? you neednt have spent you 5 bucks....

from Boycott

Quote:
"They only need 43 Jonathan, they could knock those off with a stick of rhubarb..."
yes geoff they probably could. What a shocking and disappointing collapse by England, the rest of the series will be anti-climatic now, shame.

SG's link gave me white noise at the finale, but was great before that. Not sure I wanted to hear it anyway!

I think the England team need some of them drugs Shane Warne was on. It'll be a long series otherwise.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr Wiggles:
I think the England team need some of them drugs Shane Warne was on. It'll be a long series otherwise.
The only drug we need for Warney is something to keep him going for another 10 years till we find a replacement.

The Pomms played like one legged man in an arse kicking competition.

Go you Aussies!!
 Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
indo didnt you see my free live audio link back in the thread? you neednt have spent you 5 bucks....

from Boycott
 Quote:
"They only need 43 Jonathan, they could knock those off with a stick of rhubarb..."
yes geoff they probably could. What a shocking and disappointing collapse by England, the rest of the series will be anti-climatic now, shame.
correction, "anti-climactic now,Shane" ;\)

That shows the absolute belief this Aussie side has in their own ability even after taking a pasting! Damn that was good to watch! \:D

Crazy game as far as I can tell... not that I've ever tried to get into it.

Over the weekend my mums boyfriend claimed one of its greatest merits was the ability to go to sleep for several hours during a match, wake up, and have not missed anything. Boggles the mind confused.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
Nah, I didn't but I'll check it out next time. If it fails on me then I'll resort to the pay per hear!

Thanks again SG

Listened for 3.5 days while making and painting a garden fence and gate.

Time slipped by smoothly.

And the ABC commentary was so much better than all the commercial stations broadcasts/telecasts I recall of years ago.

My reception was pretty spot on all the time. \:\)

The Guardian newspaper online has Over-by-Over written reporting.

Quite amusing for a whole test match.

I am so glad I didn't post anything after the first 2 days.

Amazing defeat snatching ability from England. I expect they'll play ok after it's 3-0 down and the series is over.

Or maybe not.

Pants.

yeah cricinfo.com has the same ball by ball reporting. No doubt the Aussies will take the foot off the pedal after clinching it, and lose a dead rubber. Then again, after having lost the Ashes last time they might be out for total revenge.

Will let you guys know 1st hand as a group of us from work will be going to the opening day next Thursday at the WACA! The POMS are staying in the same building where I work and we saw them this morning getting on a bus to go to training and NONE were smiling.