"The Ashes starts tomorrow!"

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep. 3/53 we'll take that, chasing a bucketload. Another good day for the Aussies! You can't keep a champ like Glen McGrath out of any big game situation. He thrives on them.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:
. And I thought the Poms had some fight in them after yesterday!
I wish they did have more fight in them Mudguts. Last year was the best Ashes series I've seen. I didn't even care that we lost!
 Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
2 down already! And people were doubting McGrath!
McGrath is the guy I love to hate, my fond memory of him was Razzaq smacking him for 5 consecutive fours and he was looking murderous like someone had burnt down his house, it was glorious.
"You tube" is your friend, hehe here it is....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSjiTejrhPU

How about Bill Lawry having canaries in the commentary booth " McGrath is getting a pasting",
yes Bill he sure was excellent stuff!
5 overs, 0-61. I bet the English wish he had been bowling like that this past week
 Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
McGrath is the guy I love to hate, my fond memory of him was Razzaq smacking him for 5 consecutive fours and he was looking murderous like someone had burnt down his house, it was glorious.
Your kidding! Having his house burnt down would be nothing compared to getting smacked like that.

Go Mc Grath!!! clap.gif

lol.gif "Go Ball Go!" lol.gif Great commentary!

Mate I thought McGrath kept his cool pretty well there. There was a mouthed "Fuxk Off!" in there, but it seemed more in disgust at himself than at the batter. Whatever, one of the greatest precision bowlers of all time! That is what he is in the team for. Not for his personality.

Bushy & SG - you know you have made life very difficult.

Before I could just check the live scoreboard.

Now, being so weak-willed, I'm confined to the chair, waiting for the sun to pass over the yard-arm, to have my 1st drink at the cricket.

And I've got a million other more productive things to do - read must!

But- Hey, Thanks. clap.gif

Geez, the poms gave us a good hiding today! Hey SG, did you see when McGrath went for his 100th run without taking a wicket? The crowd (poms) gave him a big cheers and standing ovation lol.gif And as pissed and grumpy as he must have been, he laughed and acknowledged it with a wave and a smile. He's not as bad as you make him out to be.

I'm still making do with plain old text commentary but its class:

Quote:
1620: If Flintoff is the heart of this England team and Pietersen the Machiavellian mind, then Collingwood and Hoggard are the lungs. At the moment, Gilo's that bit of shrivelled skin on your elbow. Lee gets one with a push into the covers. 506-8