"The Ashes starts tomorrow!"

well itd make the rest of the series more interesting.

the lads are doing well this morning, but you get the feeling that if one wicket goes down then the rest will follow for about 30 runs.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:
That's it! Ashes back to Oz! You little rippa! Next goal has got to be a 5-0 clean sweep to really stick it up the Poms.
Hope not that would be boring, England really needs to win one to keep it interesting.

I think this English team has a win in them. It's not that they didn't play well. The Aussies were hell bent on getting the Ashes back.

Well done boys.

Now lets all watch the English press turn on them (the pomms) like a pit of vipers!

A 5-0 win to Oz wouldn't be boring to me at all! Especially after the Poms talked themselves up as being the best team in the world after they won the Ashes in 2005. No, 5-0 would be very, very entertaining from my perspective and most Aussies I would have thought

Quote:
Originally posted by Mudguts:
Especially after the Poms talked themselves up as being the best team in the world
I guess that would be a change from another country constantly talking themselves up.

speaking of talking the talk, there are some beauties in here.

http://www.cootcomics.com/quotes.html

A cricket tour in Australia would be the most delightful period in one's life, if one was deaf.

- Harold Larwood.

The Aussies try to present a tough guy image, but this present generation are a bunch of cissies.

Tony Grieg

The only time an Australian ever walks is when his car runs out of petrol.

Barry Richards, 1980

harhar.gif

lol.gif That tony greig one is is a bit rich! Was funny seeing him in the commentary team going on about the Aussies and the poms at the start of the tour and then getting progressively more depressed as we showed our sissyness and stormed to a 3-0 series lead!

Have you heard these ones before?

Q:What do Geraint Jones and Michael Jackson have in common?

A:They both wear gloves for no apparent reason.

Q:What is the hieght of optimism?

A:An English batter applying sunscreen.

Q:What do you call an Englishman with 100 runs against his name?

A:A bowler.

Q:What advantage do Kev Pieterson, Andy Strauss and Geraint Jones have over the rest of their teammates?

A:At least they can say they're not really English.

Q:Why is Andrew Flintoff the unluckiest English player?

A:Because he was born in England. ;\)

Warneys retiring at the end of the Ashes! Huge loss to Aussie cricket and cricket in general. He'll be lapping up the adoration at the G on Boxing day. That will be worth seeing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
Yes. The balmy army will have to re-write some of there songs.

When will they get it. You cant insult an Australian by pointing out his convict heritage.
how abou insulting his love of fast food.....

He's fat, he's round, he bounces on the ground, Shane Warne, Shane Warne.
(Barmy Army song)
bye.gif
 Quote:
Originally posted by Mantas:
I think this English team has a win in them. It's not that they didn't play well. The Aussies were hell bent on getting the Ashes back.
I retract this statement. This English team is crap! thumbsdown.gif
  • 2 weeks later...

5-0! What an awesome series by Australia. That is just a fantastic result for the farewells of Warnie, Pidgeon and JL. Those 3 champs will be sorely missed. Who says a 5-0 result is boring? I've loved every minute of this series. clap.gif

The 5-0 scoreline flatters this English team. A sorrier bunch of losers haven't left those shores since the First Fleet convicts...

I hope they can get their act together for the one-dayers or it will be a very dull series.