Recently across the country, as many of you are well aware of Im sure, there has been an increasing amount of adolecent suicides. Just the other day a young elementary school girl in Kansai jumped off her balcony to end her life.

From Kyushu to to Tohoku it seems like its becoming a common theme in the media/on telly and a hot topic for the monbukagakusho.

Seems my school isnt to be left out off that list. Last night a student jumped from his balcony to end his life and was found late last night. With the media surrounding our school its turned into a circus event.

I knew him, and probably like others before him, would have never thought that he would be somebody to take his own life. What was going on in his head that he couldnt find somebody to talk to? And as I write this some of his closest friends are in a meeting room just next to my desk crying their hearts out.

All I can think of is What the Fack is going on in this country for all of this to be happening...? \:\( wakaranai.gif \:\( wakaranai.gif

I pray for his family and friends who now have to endure the tragedy and loss.

:crygraemlin:

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
EBC,
no, mine was a 2nd year hs boy.
yes sorry i know - i was just referring also to the elementary student you mentioned earlier in your post. i was shocked that there has been a case of a kid THAT young committing suicide. but very sorry to hear about your student.

Sorry to hear about that CB.

Headmasters topping themselves seems highly reprehensible to me. What sort of example is that? I generally have sympathy with people who can no longer face life, but headmasters should at least have the gumph to resign first and go and do it somewhere where they won't inspire the next generation of suicides.

Just to get some perspective on this, are there lots of these incidents happening or just a small handful. You know how the media is sometimes. (And of course even 1 is shocking).

Suicide is farked.

especially when there is no reason.

Lost my best mate this year, and it [censored]s with my head every day.. why why why?

This seems to be one of those copy cat things. they should bar up all balconies till it's over.

we had a meeting here on monday cause a student wrote on the board that they wanted to kill themselves. The principal pleaded with the students not kill themselves that they are young and people can help you. I thought that he was going to cry.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
we had a meeting here on monday cause a student wrote on the board that they wanted to kill themselves. The principal pleaded with the students not kill themselves that they are young and people can help you. I thought that he was going to cry.
He didn't cry? My principal balled when the baseball team got banned from the season due to a coach beating a student. (actually a good dozen teachers cried that day.)
I agree with Ocean11; principals killing themselves over curriculums. WTF?

sorry to hear it creekboy. really sorry...

He was pretty close to crying and in this small town everyone knows almost everyone.

cb goodluck. dont punch a camera heck pretend that you cant speak Japanese. you get a bit hot at times and this wont help if you are pushed that way.

That's too bad about your student CB.

While this is something people should be concerned about, it needs to be treated with sympathy and discretion. Two things you rarely get from the mass media. I hope they don't stick around too long.

hot?

Depends mate you should know that... Think the situations you've seen me deal with were more than appropriate for what those arseholes said/did.

There are times to speak and not to speak. Wont say shite cuz my school's involved etc. Last thing Im sure my principal would like would be for one of his teachers to stick a camera up some blokes arse and go off on him in Jap. though what I say probably wouldnt be recorded if the mics not working so well...nevertheless might not be the right time ;\)

Was so shocked BP when I heard bout that...sucks so bad that James took his life \:\( Especially when we saw him just a few months before. Poor Sammy eh

lin, Id say for over the last month Ive seen at least 1 suicide/week if not 2 on the telly. Ewok and I were talking the other night how it seems there are so many recently.

And as O11 stated, it doesnt help when headmasters set the status quo by taking the easy way out mad.gif mad.gif

Maybe Ishihara and all the black-truck drivers will catch on? no? shifty.gif

CB sorry to hear that. That must be tough. I remember when I was in school a girl got killed when she was with a drink driver. I will never forget it! It was so hard but it really bonded everyone in the year!

Of course it is nothing compared to this! If the kid was bullied then the bullys must be going trough a tough time. It doesn't bear thinking about. How are the teachers dealing with it?

Again sorry to hear it! Same goes Indo, thankfully never had to deal with this!!

\:\(

It was on the news tonight at dinner time and I grabbed young H11 by the neck and said unto him, "Your mother tells me you're having difficulties with the Lupin IIIsei theme tune on the piano. If you commit suicide because of these difficulties, I'll f**kin' kill you."

To which he replied, without missing a beat, "Mon pere, if I felt suicidal about the Lupin IIIsei theme tune, I would sooner give up the piano than kill myself." His mother, taking things rather too far I feel, added "And if you were bullied at school, you could give that up too."

What interesting times we live in.

O11 interesting post, did this happen?? Again the woman with the sharp wit. Also, why is it so many more young men take their lives than women? Be we so weak that we cannot talk about our problems?? In 1994 in Ireland male suicides were approx 350 (populatuon 4m). This may not seem like much, but road deaths for both sexes in Ireland is about the same. Gives you an idea.

I feel sorry for those parents who lost their kids. I lost two male friends in my neighborhood 5years ago. I was so shocked by these and depressed for long time. We grew up in a same town and I believed we had good community there, but I realized our community was useless. Nobody could help them. Parents lost their sons but still they have to live their life, they look ok now but it must be really tough life.

I hope you are ok CB, your students need good care.