I've been listening to some of my old albums recently and rediscovered some gems. It has been really fun, some of them it's like "where have you been then?!" I recommend it.

On at the moment, The Smiths Meat is Murder

Other recent redicoveries include some Radiohead The Bends, first Oasis album, Infected by the the, Syncronicity brought back a lot of memories. More memories from Led Zep, Floyd.

my father loved Jonathan livingstone Seagull - Neil Diamond. I heard it alot as a young kid in the early 80's.

I just listened to it the other day for the first time in over 20 years and I was surprised by it, really uplifting and powerful music. I liked it!

also the natsukashi factor, hearing it bought back many memories.

Quote:
Originally posted by SG:
my father loved Jonathan livingstone Seagull - Neil Diamond. I heard it alot as a young kid in the early 80's.

I just listened to it the other day for the first time in over 20 years and I was surprised by it, really uplifting and powerful music. I liked it!
also the natsukashi factor, hearing it bought back many memories.
That book was lifechanging for me when I was a kid, but I don't think I could deal with listening to Neil Diamond singing those songs again.....

Someone passed on Wish You Were Here to me awhile back, it's fun to listen to - and now I can hear all sorts of tiny little details that weren't available to me on my little cassette player all those years ago...

Bob Marley has been dead for decades. I still listen to all of his music.

Old REM is cool (Radio Free Europe era).

Old U2 (sunday Bloody sunday era).

The Smiths...all of their old stuff still trips me out.

I've been putting my player on "not yet played" random mode - and heard some natsukashii songs. At the same time I have noticed that I have a lot of crap on there and I'm going to delete it!!