"Why do Western guys like Japanese gals so much?"

That's the title (according to my probably badly translated tv guide) of a program on tv Wednesday night, 9pm. Some normal tv channel or other. lol.gif

I wonder what that will be like. Thought I would just flag it up so perhaps we can all watch.

I wonder if they will mention boots......

Well, I have no idea what they will tell you on the TV show, but refering to real life as a better guide, this is what I think. I like my Japanese girl because she thinks I am normal height and size. Where as in Australia you have to resemble a 90kg rugby player and talk sport constantly to be considered a man. Actually, being serious now and speaking for mature gaijin men, I think we appreciate the fact that Japanese women are often more aware of the qualities we offer as men beyond simple brawn and that forming a relationship with a Japanese girl (or perhaps any foreign girl that is not of the same or similar race) adds dimensions of learning, sharing and growth to the relationship that is quite enjoyable. I have never been a happier guy.

At the less mature level, I think gaijin men (boys) like J women because no matter how much you look or behave like an arse, if you want to get it then your are gunna get laid more in Japan than you are at home and you can elevate yourself to a movie set kind of unreality. Some guys decide that they don't want that kind of thing in their life. But so many do and they go for it.

And I am not sure that gaijin men (boys) really do like Japanese women beyond easy sex and stage-props in their unreal Japanese personal movie set. After 18 months in Japan and no contact with local girls I met a nice Japanese girl. Every guy I spoke to told me, almost verbatim: "never shag a Japanese girl more than twice or she will think you love her and then go psycho when you don't call her back. To them, you are a catch, look out for them, they are after your money. There is no need to shag one three times, it will just complicate the harvest." One guy even likened picking up Japanese women to stocking a stable of horses. Ride plenty and if one behaves the way you like and understand that she is not the only horse in the stable then keep her, otherwise pass her on to the next guy. But don't shag her more than twice or she will fall in love and go psycho.

It seems these young gaijin guys are finding exactly the trouble and hassles they deserve.

(Despite the fact that I arrived in Japan with no natural attraction to Japanese women, I proudly report that contrary to advice from gajin boys, the one and only Japanese girl that this gaijin kissed is still happily on the scene. Thank god I didn't follow the advise of my more 'experienced' gaijin contacts.)

My girlfriend sent me that comic book for xmas!

It is funny, but at the same time as taking the piss out of 'Charisma Man' types in Japan. It also highlights the deep lacking in western culture where a bunch of pretty jock lover cheer leader types ridicule a skinny poorly dressed burger flipper. No wonder 'they' like the charisma man treatment in Japan. Pity they take advantage of it.

Ok so its actually about foreign celebs and not 'gaijin'.

It'll probably be just about how Patrick Swayze and the drummer from UB40 once had japanese girlfriends or something.

Quote:
Originally posted by Oyuki kigan:
i used to like Japanese girls.
Until i started looking for girls that wanted to do something else than put on makeup and buy LV handbags.
Common LoinCloth, you should know better than that.

The dime a dozen makeup-LV trash are the type of girls interested only in baseless sex and plastic popularity. You are obviously not interested in either so why are these the only girls you notice in Japan? Look through the majority blur and see that there are plenty of much more inspiring women around. Although it usually takes freak accident of coincidence to meet them. But thats the same everywhere.

And also we should give some slack - a certain number of girls caught in the LV-popularity trap don't want to be there themselves, but are stuck there unless they find some other more meaningful diversion. That reminds me of the search for purpose we all try to solve. But that is off topic.

This show bites thumbsdown.gif So far they have just wasted a lot of time interviewing some woman who married a Finnish F1 driver. Other than that they have offered up a few suggestions for some of the good points about "international marriages".

No.5: you get kissed everyday...

No.4: Special dates are celebrated...

No.3: (not revealed yet)

What a crap show...

No.3: The "half" kids are so cute!...

No.2: The guy helps with the housework...

No.1: (not revealed yet)

What bollocks!! Is that the best they can come up with??

And by the way, no mention of hot chicks in their FMBs yet!