Sorry,done with spud but I can't say wether or not it's polynesia, micornesia, or another ..neshia we but we share a simiiliar culture. I grew up with many people from guam, samoa, yap, palau, tahiti, truk, and a hand full of other island cultures.. We see eye to eye. Australian bankers are a bit one dimensional. Shoganai na!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bit of advice, kintaro:

keep meticulous records: dates of phone calls, emails, meetings, and MONEY. as i'm sure you already know, any business expense is tax deductible. ran a very small eikawa & translation service in osaka before and since i had a SOHO, half of my rent, utilities and all of my transportation and coffee-shop drinks were tax deductible.

the clearer and more detailed your records, the better, for any country, but particularily true in japan. officials at my local tax office were extremely helpful compared to one in mainland american (help there is non-existent). good luck!

>I can't say wether or not it's polynesia, micornesia, or another ..neshia we but we share a simiiliar culture.

We have an expert in our midst's! lol.gif

Hint: There's a big difference between the various 'nesias'. Just ask Fijian about his Melanesian roots then ask a native from the Cook Islands about his Polynesian back ground. Have you actually met anyone from these places, or been there and engaged them culturally?

All Asian are the same as well.

You are wrong again Spuddy. Polynesia, Micronesia and to a lesser exstent Melanesia do have many similiarities. As a student I worked with Tongans, Samoans, Micronesians (and others of various Pacific islands)on a cruise ship and we shared many similiar cultures and interests. .

You do have an expert in your midst (I appreciate you noticing). Konnichi wa I grew up in the the islands. Did you? Besides spending your time looking for ways to argue with me you might want to look into something more usefull to do with your time. Banking must be lonely.

Thanks for the advice dizzy!

>You are wrong again Spuddy. Polynesia, Micronesia and to a lesser exstent Melanesia do have many similiarities.

Can you actually read? I never said that they didn't have similarities. I said that they have more differences than your ignorant 'nesias' comment implied. You seriously just dribble anything from your slack-jawed gob and then when it attracts a response you fail to comprehend that response. Do you talk really sowly whilst grinning like a fool and nodding slowly? "uh huuuuh, oookaaay, weeeell, why don't we just gooo-ahead and order you an little guuuuitaaaar" (grins, nods, looks cheesy and dim)

Read your ignorance again. It sounds like you learnt it on a tasteless turismo cruise ship:

Quote:
...I can't say whether or not it's polynesia, micornesia, or another ..neshia we but we share a simiiliar culture
You don't even know if Guam natives are Polynesian or not?!

By the way, are you yourself Anglo or Polynesian? There are not many blond headed Polynesian islanders getting around (at least not in the Cook Islands or Tahiti).

Best of luck 'making some easy money' whilst 'spreading the Aloha'. Those two motivations hardly seem compatible.

Too much hating going on here...

The original topic is interesting and there are some good comments on that, which I find interesting. I'd love to start my own business one day but it'll be a slow burning long term project. Not enough time to do any of the due diligence required for this right now.

Good luck Kintaro and anyone else going out and doing it for themselves.

As a runner of a business myself, I'd like to give a small shout for those who have the courage to be in a business that a) requires employees, and B) requires the prior purchase of anything as a condition of doing business.

Not with a barge pole would I touch such an endeavour...

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
what you don't know is I will be selling hawaiian made uke's to many Hawaiians.
I thought from my little chat with my good ol' mate and your Biz partner that these uke's were being whacked together in another nesia... like my name?

Hey Indo! Actually, if my biz partner and I push this along we will have multiple people to buy from. One is a California company, 2-3 Hawaiian and our mutual friend's own manufactured ukes using 100% Hawaiian koa wood.

Davo, thanks!

I don't understand what all the aggro is about. Seems like a waste of time and energy if you ask me, but boys will be boys I guess..... Good luck with the biz Kintaro. That vid was awesome playing - I am now a ukele convert, that guy is a virtuoso! I feel arrogant for never realising that such wonderful playing could be done on that instrument. I've been brainwashed by the commerical aspects of it - ie, only what I've heard commercially. Stupid to believe that that this is the limits of that instrument. Thanks for re-educating me O11 (and later fjef).