Well, just got back from Hokkaido.

Had a great few weeks, loved Niseko but like some others I was probably expecting too much with all the hype. It was good, just not as good as I was hoping.

Good to meet some good people as well. Japan was a great experience.

Next time it'll be a Honshu trip I reckon.

I asked the rental shop in Prince Hotel to tune-up my skis before I get there! I have to send my skis tonight.

Even if it's bad season there, I'm very looking forward to skiing at Niseko. \:\) \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by window-cleaner:
the main places on Honshu would be just as good (if not much better)
certainly 'not much better', doubtful if even 'as good'.

Few/no places I know of on Honshu have even close to the all mountain freedom that Niseko has.

All mountain freedom is a state of mind, and there are no rules (bar your own standards of personal safety) to stop you hiking up from the top of the resort. I'm sure Niseko rocks but I wouldn't really know cause I've spent 4 seasons being as free as I want in Honsu. In Hakuba there is almost always powder to ride if you're prepared to go and get it. I just wish certain resorts down here would be as open-minded as they seem to be in Niseko. Have to get up there one of these days and check it out for myself.

Yup Kz is going crazy...

Got a bit more than I wished for, so much snow here that I couldn't even make it out of the parking lot! Let alone hit the slopes!!

Sitting here looking at the powder here in Shika, at sea level, and not being able to head up to the mountains is absolute torture.

Luckily I'm also headed to Hokkaido next weekend, so there'd better be some new snow by then!!