• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

griller, you need to do some diplomacy mate.

Go and be nice to her, and find out exactly what she wants, and why she's chosen to go that route. Don't insist on tests and stuff before you've done some careful listening (already a bit late for that by the looks, but some of the damage can be undone).

Then explain all your own options and your joint options without sugar coating it, and ask her to pick the one she likes.

Then make up your mind what needs to be done.

But BE NICE. You'll lose big if you're not.

"Take some responsiblity"? well if so, she has to provide some proof. you have reason enough to question her word alone.

but that being said, you have to understand why she is getting upset by your request. in essence you are calling her a liar and a hoe. if she is indeed both of those, then too bad for her. but if she is not, and she is being honest with you, you have to agree an accusation like that, at an already difficult time, is going to sting pretty bad.

i never suggested he was. but consider how she is seeing the request. if she is being honest and you ask for a test, which you have the right to do, how else is she to perceive this other than saying her word is not good enough? is that not esentially saying she is a liar? and thus is that not essentially saying she has been sleeping around? you can at least understand why, if she is being honest, she might get at tad bit (which when pregnant i presume can escalate rapidly to extremely) upset.

If they hardly know each other, which seems to be the case here, and she is asking for responsility, surely she can understand that he wants to know for sure before he takes such responsibility. She must surely take it as a reasonable request.

• 2 months later...

griller, mate, good for you. for now.

don't mean to burst your bubble, but if she's changed her mind about you being/not being involved, she MAY (this is a big MAY) be just have told you she isn't pregnant to gauge your reaction, and might say oh, the other day, it was a mistake...i'm still pregnant. highly unlikely, but i wouldn't put it past this person.

i'll add to Bushpig and CB's stories of mates getting screwed over by a girl's unfounded claims. had a mate who was deemed the father, no question about it, so he promised to stand by her (they are both 100% white) and when the baby came out, it was half white, half black. proof before their eyes. she had tons of explaining to do. this was in the states, this kind of situation is not explict to japan. not meant to put women in general in a bad light, just relating a true story.

i'd say that certain japanese girls are sneaky and will do anything to get their way, IF they are so determined. compounded to the fact that griller doesn't/didn't know the girl in question that well, i'd take anything she said with (more than) a grain of salt.

slightly off topic, but i always find it slightly suspicious that some (many?) japanese wives save cash every so often and hide it in random places like the freezer or in the sliding door jam of the oshi-ire for "emergencies" like "unexpected illnesses"

hope it all works out for you and she remains un-pregnant

Man, I've been watching this thread like a hawk waiting for you to respond to the latest news. You didn't disappoint. ;\)

I say we should abduct her, disguise her as a sting ray and get DHL to deliver her to Aussie Zoo. Or even better, keep the stingray costume for a fancy dress party and simply banish her to Hong Kong!! That'll learn her.

How can someone become "no longer pregnant"?

1. Miscarriage

2. Abortion

3. She was never pregnant and was lying

4. It's 9 months later and she's had the baby.

5. She was really a guy with a sex change and was lying [see (3) above].

At any rate, frivolity aside I'm glad the ordeal is over for you griller. Did she say why she's not longer pregnant? That would be my first question.

Quote:
Originally posted by soubriquet:
She lied to you. She was never pregnant. Walk away from this female filth.
Class post. Let's be quite, utterly categorical about something we know absolutely nothing.

Mate, you keep presenting your own scewup as something of universal significance from which we would all do well to learn, even if the topic might happen to be ramen, or snowmobiles. I'm beginnning to think the other side of that story might have something in it.

Time for some dodgy 1980s haircuts.

h-all-oates3.jpg

"Oh-oh here she comes

Watch out boy, she'll chew you up!

Oh-oh here she comes

She's a maneater!"

With an anticlimax like that, Griller now owes everyone who has invested emotional energy into this thread a pint. Better start saving boy!