The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
the pies cost 4 pounds 50 in the new Wembley

Get one for a pound in Wigan - and much better too for sure. Boycott the rubbish over-priced pies!

I haven't seen a reply, but it looked to me like it was a foul on Cech. But that wasn't given. So if it wasn't given, then the "goal" should have stood. Maybe. I want to see that again.

What a bore, and a rubbish result. \:\(

But that wasn't a goal surely. I'm sure the United fans would be up in arms if a team got awarded a goal like that against us.

Looks like we have got Owen Hargreaves in the team for next season.

I'd be happy with a 3-0 win. That would be nice. Though realistically I see it being tighter than that with a number of goals. Just winning will do me (hopefully this time without the agony of having to go through to penalties).

Gonna repeat my pessimism of last time and not jinx us.

Interesting to see Kewell is gonna be back in the team again after long injury like last time - eery.

Quote:
Two Liverpool fans have reportedly been injured as up to 100 supporters fought over just one ticket for the Champions League final in Athens.

eek.gif

Anyway. Hope it's a good game.

Ah well, the boys did good. I felt we were at least equal to Milan and quite unlucky, ref was a bit dodgy at times (not sure if their freekick should have been given, and he didnt play the full injury time). Ultimately it came down to a bit of luck I think, but thats football.

The players and manager have taken it well, if you read the news today they are showing other teams (we all know who) how to take defeat with a bit of class.

Gutted.

We seemed up for it and played better today by far at times I thought. But its that end score that counts of course. Like the commentator said, we played better today than we did when we won it 2 years ago.

What happened to the AC Milan who totally outplayed United? Looked like a very different team to me. Liverpool certainly had the better chances overall I really thought they would win it.

At least we can 'hold our heads up high' - thought it was quite a touching moment that in the last few mins when we looked beaten the liverpool fans started singing 'walk on' and within 5 secs we scored \:\)

Next season will be very interesting, I'm fancying a punt on Liverpool if I can get more than 6-1.

Liverpool will never win the Premiership again.... they are not allowed. It will be Chelsea and United for the foreseeable future. (I dreamt it).

Rafa seems intent on dismantling the team. That might give results but it might go the other way. You should be nervous ;\)

Cant feel too nervous about losing Zenden and Gonzales etc. would be disappointed to see Dudek go on a free though.

Sounds like we gonna get a few big names in this summer, looking forward to seeing Adriano or someone coming in \:\)

"Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o and Valencia's David Villa are rumoured to be top of Benitez's wanted list"

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6687309.stm

I'll be passing judgement on the new squad round abouts mid-August, maybe a bit later.

Bringing in big names didn't do Chelsea a whole lot of good this season, even if they did win two cups. Then again Rafa is pretty smart, here's hoping it all falls into place.

Rafa was far too negative and his tactics cost Liverpool a real go at Milan. He should have started with Crouch and Bellamy, not Kuyt who plays too deep. Zenden and Pennant may not be top class wingers, but surely its easier for them to hit Crouch than Kuyt.

Until the goal, Liverpool didn't create any chances, they just picked up on mistakes or pinged in the odd hopeful one from distance. Bellamy won them the game in Barcelona, so he deserved a try. His pace versus a 38 y.o. center-half... there is only going to be one winner.

Things are looking good though for the Toon! I don't mean Allardyce, who may or may not succeed, but this takeover that should see our Chairman out on his ear. Whoever the new bloke is, he can't be worse than what we have now.