The FOOTBALL Thread (2006-2007)

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mourinho:

"If you ask me about the favourites, Liverpool should be the favourites.

"They are favourites because in the year 2007, we've played 27 matches and Liverpool play three or four.

"If you're not a big club, you choose one competition and you fight in that competition and forget the others.

"Big clubs - we cannot do this. We have to go on until we can and try the maximum we can. It's a risk to try and win everything or nothing, or almost nothing because we've the Carling Cup. "

What a loser - just play the game and shut your mouth. No wonder everyone hate Chelsea. It wouldnt surprise me at all if some of the refs want to shut him up too and bias towards Man Utd. No class I tells ta.

No class for sure. He is surely just trying to wind up.

"Big clubs" ?? Does he know about Liverpool Football Club at all --- seems not with a comment like that.

Its probably a reference to when Benitez said that about Everton one time, although I'm sure he said it innocently whereas Mourinho here is clearly trying to do a wind up as he has packed together about 4 different insults into one little interview.

Hmm what did say about Joe Cole, Crouch and Pennant? J.Cole gets their goal and we look a different team with Crouch on. Zenden was surprisingly a big player for us that night but Id have prefered to see Gerrard in the middle and pennant on the right instead of macherano or alonso.

Not a great result for us but not bad either. Probably the closest result you could get to the tie being at stalemate. We had about 30mins in the second half where we we all over them but had few chances, was a shame we couldn't get the goal.

Anything can happen now at Anfield, will be an awesome game.

Both the semi 2nd legs will be good. I think the footballing gods want those 3 dates between Manchester United and Chelsea to happen in May. Hope so, though Liverpool would be my preferred winner of the other semi.

Quote:
Jose Mourinho last night launched a bizarre tirade about a penalty that never was and never should have been. The Chelsea manager, often criticised for his querulousness, complained at length about the failure of the referee, Markus Merk, to award a penalty when Alvaro Arbeloa used his arm to control a mishit clearance - a certain handball. However, Mourinho failed to take into account that the Liverpool right-back had been two feet outside the penalty area.

The man is a tool of big tool proportions.

I think its his way of trying to pressure the next referee. He has been going on about how they never get penalties for weeks now. One day they will probably get a dodgy one thanks to his comments...hope not though.

Yes, classless mind games.

Let's hope the refs are ignoring the buildup.

The big games continue though this weekend.

4/28 (土) 20:40 チェルシーvsボルトン 181

4/28 (土) 20:40 エバートンvsマンチェスターU 182

4/28 (土) 22:55 ポーツマスvsリバプール 307

4/29 (日) 23:55 アーセナルvsフルアム 183

Come on United!

This is funny:

Angry fan puts Dida up for sale

ROME, April 27 (Reuters) - An angry AC Milan fan put Brazil goalkeeper Dida up for sale on the internet ahead of next week's Champions League semi-final return with Manchester United.

The 33-year-old, who joined Milan in 2000, was a hero after the shootout win over Juventus in the 2003 Champions League final but his popularity has slumped after a series of errors.

He was criticised following last week's 3-2 first-leg defeat to United at Old Trafford, when he flapped a Cristiano Ronaldo header into his own net and then left his near post exposed for Wayne Rooney to blast home a stoppage-time winner.

Dida failed to attract great interest on eBay. The price, before the Brazilian international was removed from the auction site on Friday, had reached 71 euros ($96.66) after 25 bids.

Ferguson on Mourinho in the Torygraph.

"He's accused Barcelona in the past, he's accused the Swedish referee, Anders Frisk. He put the German referee, Markus Merk, under pressure the other night. He insulted Liverpool, a club with a great history, by suggesting that their players were going to hunt down Didier Drogba. Jesus Christ, he has gone on and on."

I've never been a great ManU fan, but thumbsup.gif

That was a nervy game. Crap first half and I thought it would be equal points - but we ended 5 ahead. clap.gif The sign of champions, haha.

Quote:
Sir Alex Ferguson indulged at the final whistle in one of those celebrations that resemble an embarrassing worse-for-wear uncle at a wedding disco when the last smooch beckons.

I really like seeing his little jig.

The Orstrayan:

"If Ferguson's side beats local rivals Manchester City next Saturday and Chelsea fails to defeat Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium the following day, United will be champions for the first time since 2003."

I can see Arsenal being pumped for this one. Better ManU than the chosen one.

I bet Jose will have a field day with that Everton game - them getting more cash if they win (Rooney transfer), Phil Neville helping Utd, etc lol.gif

Was an impressive comeback.

Meanwhile we lost - eye on the CL for sure. We have GOT to beat Chelsea this week, can't wait.

That was a roller-coaster afternoon for sure - one way then the other. Chelsea are looking a little drained and to be honest it has to be said that United really are playing the better this season. Still want us to win though of course.

scouser, big game this week. Who will it be?

The latest from Jose

Quote:
Mourinho accused United winger Ronaldo, who is also Portuguese, of "not showing maturity and respect" and attributed that to a "difficult childhood" with "no education".

Oops, and another

Quote:
"Of course they [Chelsea's players] were devastated. But Liverpool should also be devastated because they are third and so many points behind and they lost the title in January,"

What a dickhead.