Last summer I was in a traffic jam on a Tokyo highway & the car's outside thermometer was somewhere in the mid-forties. I think Tokyo traffic jams are the hottest places in Japan.

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Daver, do you have a car? Theres a campground about 10K outside the city (Akita) that we camped at. Same for Nebuta Matsuri too. You can camp near the harbor which was only a 20 min walk to the boardwalk in Aomori. Many of the motorcycle peeps camp there. Loads of alcohol and partyfavors to be had \:\)
sounds great, but i don't have a car, and i'm going up with my folks and aunt and uncle.
i'm willing to go as far as to sleep on a park bench to see it, i don't know how much they are.
 Quote:
Originally posted by daver:
i was surprised too. but all my co-workers tell me that yamagata is the hottest place in japan.
This comes from Yamagata (allegedly) having the highest temp recorded in Japan. 40.8 C about 70 years ago. It's cooler than the south, TG.

Pussies the lot of ya! :p I love the hot weather and can put up with it much better than the cold. The only time I don't mind the cold is when I'm up in the snow for some boarding!

• 3 weeks later...