A couple of months back I got some bloke coming round asking me to pay the last year that I hadn't paid. Quite an interesting conversation - he wasn't expecting the line I gave him (about us only getting a max of 2 years or whatever). Funny, at the end he was going like "so desu kedo, onegai dekimasu ka?".

Over. Head.

You're forgetting he was programmed to say that. Anything you said was ignored. I had a similar conversation not too long ago.

Quote:
Originally posted by rach:
You're forgetting he was programmed to say that. Anything you said was ignored. I had a similar conversation not too long ago.
what was your response to him after he ignored your answer Rach?

Someone came round to me as well. He was trying to convince me that even though I will return to the UK within 10 years, I should pay the pension amount every month for 10 years - even though I will get considerably less than 1/5 of that back when I go back to the UK.

He did not convince.

I told him again and he ignored me again and asked me to pay it. I politely said no. Then I remembered I had a very important meeting that I had to go to and told him to politely go away. lol.gif

You say that in the sneering loud voice of course. I wonder what people would do if you came out with that?

I'm almost always really polite to people no matter what. I know that a slight slip up and within a day the whole town knows.

>You say that in the sneering loud voice of course. I wonder what people would do if you came out with that?

I have...though under different circumstances - Bushy and Fattwins know first hand ;\)

Now dont take it the wrong way. Thats only in extreme cases and with @ssholes anyways. I can make a J-bloke turn pale/or red when I want eek.gif lol.gif

They persist more though if you are polite. That's what I find anyway. Recently I have been getting fed up with sales (phone) calls and their attitude and have started being rather abrupt with them.