• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I paid for mine in full. No point in waiting, it's not as if I am getting any interest in a Japanese bank & they might try and slap some more on with increases in fuel costs in the next few months like last year.

fjef - cheers for your help with the bc slideshow link - hope it wasn't too much hassle for you pre-europe trip. wow you've got a wireless connection up there, awesome! let us all know how that works - definitely would save me on a long haul. yeh that view over the gobi then siberia is awesome!! have a good one, enjoy paris and kitzbuhel.

mmmm haven't booked my NZ flight yet - need to do that, and get a season pass ahhhh!

Things got busy once we landed...

Yes, the snow/ice on the northern route to Europe is an awesome sight but on an 11 hour flight, having an internet connection makes the flight seem much shorter.

As far as I know, Lufthansa was the first to have the service available and most of their planes on long flights are now equipped. Its about $10/hour or $26 for the whole flight and its available in economy (no power points in economy but the flight attendent took my computer to business class and charged it for me when it ran out of battery power).

Here is a link with more info: http://www.lufthansa.com/online/portal/lh/jp/abo/info_services/mobile_services?l=en&nodeid=1144164

Connecting is easy - open a browser and register automatically, pay with cc and you're in. In economy you need a wireless card, there is no lan port - in business you can use a lan cable or wireless and plug in to a power supply.

I even connected with voice via Skype and tried video chat with iChat and both worked (take your headset for this, planes are noisy). Don't tell anyone but I also downloaded a complete Daily Show TV episode and watched it instead of watching Fantastic 4 again (once was more than enough).

nope, hes headin ta some wicked beach in Spain and is looking at getting a house for a month or something like that.

Im planning on spending as little time as possible in Bangkok and get out into the country and other countries. Really lookin forward to Myranmar \:D