Just read this which was interesting

"Women tend to put on weight and eat more unhealthily when they move in with a boyfriend, a study suggests. But Newcastle University dieticians said, in a review of seven studies, that men seemed to become more healthy after they began co-habiting."

Trying to please each other, hey? I heard a guy say once that he wanted to fatten his g/f up a bit so no-one else would want here, which sounds a bit mad to me. lol.gif

hehe. my ex put on loads of weight when she moved in with me cos i used to cook and I make huge portions. Then I dumped her cos she got too fat (joke ;\) ) But my wife just wont eat any more than she needs so she always leaves half her dinner, and I cant waste anything so I end up eating 1.5 portions.. the result: I'm the one putting on loads of weight.

Happened to me too - when Me Tarzan first moved in I just ate whatever he made & started putting on weight but figured it out after a few months & just ate half...then he started putting on weight. Think we've got it sorted now though cos he makes less.

So true!

My boyfriend refuses to eat anything 'low fat' and I love going out to dinner so when we moved in together we both put on a few kilos. It was a good motivator for us both to start excercising again.

I think it'll be the same when you move in with anyone, getting used to each others eating habits. In my case, Ms scouser tended to make way too much food - amazing though it was, I was putting on weight.

I put on weight when I my first moved in because I ate late (9:30-10:30pm) and went to bed.

Those days are over and now having kids our meals are healthier besides the odd "can't be stuffed cooking" takeaway.

I am now cooking all my own meals as I am eating 1500-2000 cal a day and my wife doesn't want to do it (oshe doesn't need to!). It's a hassle for me, but the reward is worth the effort.

>Make less!

Why make less? Why not just eat less and have leftovers the next day? I really enjoy cooking and eat healthy but dont wanna waste my time cooking everyday. I like to make a big dish and have it for two nights - its more convenient for me that way.

Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
Do you have anything else there in your cliche bag, quattro?
what about mushy peas?
that was one i could never quite aquire the taste for.

Mushy peas can be tasteless and very boring. They can be great though. Best mushy peas I know are served in Southport - I always go to this one place when I'm back in England. \:\)

Mushy peas? Sound awful.

When I started living with my g/f a few years back, we both ended up eating more healthily. Cooking for 2 is better than for 1 and we had a good list of meals that we often cooked. I lost some weight back then, it was good for us in our case.

Mushy peas as scouser said can be awful ans totally tasteless, but I've had some good ones. Especially good on a Friday night / Saturday morning when they take on a kebab-like appeal. Same with green curry sauce.