this is probably only funny for fellow kiwi's but...

They spread word that Stacy Jones (recently retired kiwi league half back) is coming back to play for the Auckland Blues super 14 team. got tongue's wagging on talk back radio lol.gif

bty: for fellow kiwis, did you know newstalk ZB broadcasts live on the net 24 hours? i listen every morning \:D

A few days ago on BBC there was something about skiing accidents etc and at the end of the item they said that, I think it was Grindelwald, was putting an actual speedlimit on skiing on their slopes.

That must have been an April Fools joke, I hope shifty.gif

Quote:
Originally posted by rigor mortis:
nah me niether.
has anyone ever fallen for the old glad wrap (cling film) over the tiolet bowl? it always seems like a classic but im dubious as to it coming off.
mogski and badmigraine tried to cling wrap themselves inside the toilet bowl once, but they couldn't overcome some persistent technical issues

this isn't that funny but this year I did do an April fool's gag. I was hiking to the summit with a friend and just as we got to the top we watched a group of 3 telemarkers go down ahead of us. I said'Oh damn, there's tracks everywhere, let's give up'

She was like, 'oh...you really think so...well, we can just ride down from here'

and I said 'no way, it will suck. it'll be good exercise to go back the way we came (on snowshoes).

and she said, 'ok' and turned around to go back down.

so there you go, not very funny when I tell it...it's more of a 'you had to be there' story

Im quite disappointed in the newspapers here. A few years ago the Japan times ran some funny articles from major companies that were actually April Fools jokes......hmmm I guess I should be disappointed in the companies for tightening their belts too much \:\)