British English is sexiest

As if we didn't know anyway.

>>>>>>>>

Which English accent do Japanese find the sexiest? In a poll of over 2,000 Japanese people, the answer was clear: British English.

In a boost for Union Jack wavers across the world, the respondents overwhelmingly chose British English with 50% in favor of the set of accents comprising "British English." Prime Minister Tony Blair and Hugh Grant were considered prime examples of sexy voices, with the popularity of Harry Potter lending a hand as well.

First place was British English (50%), followed by American English (16%), Irish English (13%), Canadian English (12%), Australian English (5%) and New Zealand English (4%).

The question that is more relevant, is which English accent do you find sexiest when spoken by a Japanese person. Personally I find the British English accent very attractive. The Aussie accent is pretty cool too thumbsup.gif

In my experiene, British people tend to speak calm and quiet. Maybe because they expect me to understand what they think.

And vocablary. British people often say "lovely" for everything. I think the word "love" has a special feeling so if they say "lovely" to what you do, to what there are, the other feels comfortable.

Quote:
I like the Japanese English accent best.
The other day one of guests took a short video and we watched it. In the video I felt my English was terrible.....

\:o \:\(

Very slightly yes there is, I think.

Vocablary Brits tend to use.

Lovely

Superb

Whilist

Aisle

Lift (for elevator)

Underground (for metro, subway)

etc.

Sorry if it's namaiki being a non-English native speaker. lol.....

But honest.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bushpig:
The question that is more relevant, is which English accent do you find sexiest when spoken by a Japanese person. Personally I find the British English accent very attractive. The Aussie accent is pretty cool too thumbsup.gif
amen brotha!! Thats the first thang that came ta me mind as well \:D

J-birds speakin with a Brittish/Australian accent is sexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxy \:D
 Quote:
Originally posted by brit-gob:
First place was British English (50%), followed by American English (16%), Irish English (13%), Canadian English (12%), Australian English (5%) and New Zealand English (4%).
1. Which 'British English' accent though? There's several ones to choose from. confused.gif
2. Sorry Beanie, but American and Canadian English is pretty much the same ... except for the OU = OO issues (About = A Boot) ;\)
3. NZ English?? It's a speech impediment! eek.gif

Yeah, oriental chicks who speak with other accents are way attractive - I know some Vietnamese chicks who speak clear Aussie English, mmmmmmm! (Once met a Thai chick who had a Kiwi 'accent', now that was refreshingly weird.)

The Scottish brogue is pretty awesome too.