And for dessert.... (a bit expensive)

The $1,000 "Grand Opulence" sundae sold by New York's Serendipity restaurant:

Made with "5 scoops of the richest Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream infused with Madagascar vanilla and covered in 23K edible gold leaf, the sundae is drizzled with the world's most expensive chocolate, Amedei Porceleana, and covered with chunks of rare Chuao chocolate, which is from cocoa beans harvested by the Caribbean Sea on Venezuela's coast. The masterpiece is suffused with exotic candied fruits from Paris, gold dragets, truffles and Marzipan Cherries. It is topped with a tiny glass bowl of Grand Passion Caviar, an exclusive dessert caviar, made of salt-free American Golden caviar, known for its sparkling golden color. It's sweetened and infused with fresh passion fruit, orange and Armagnac. The sundae is served in a baccarat Harcourt crystal goblet with an 18K gold spoon to partake in the indulgence served with a petite mother of pearl spoon and topped with a gilded sugar flower by Ron Ben-Israel."

nxqe80.jpg

Just curious.

How many did they sell?

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:

It sounds kind of... revolting?

My favourite dessert is plain vanilla icecream with ice magic on top. It's a lot cheaper too.

Put a tiny bit of rock salt and extra virgin olive oil on top of the vanilla icecream.

Interesting harmony.

I got it in a TV program.

I got my mum to buy it once (when I was 7) after seeing the ad on TV. Tasted it once and whilst it was kinda cool that the topping got hard so quickly it tasted foul. Absolutely horrid. From then on I had nightmares about getting fed "Ice Magic" ...

lol.gif man, one bad experience and that's it eh! I used to deliberately pour heaps of it under the ice-cream so mum couldn't see it and tell me to stop. Then I'd have a big frozen chocolate ball after the icecream was finished \:D

Sorry, back on topic. That sundae (whatever) does look foul!

Insanity! It reminds me of Imalda Marcos who is reputed to own 100 or 1000's of shoes and who's husband luted the Phillipines of millions while others went starving. She used to live just up the hill from me (in exile) and drove around in a crazy colored Rolls (I used to flip her off from the luxury of my mountain bike). A $1000 dessert is for the heartless.