• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kinda agree Nicole. I think the issue is more to do with people really struggling to control their "desire" for food, combined with a lack of any real exercise. While I don't have a lot of sympathy for really overweight people, I think it's a personal matter for them to deal with. So why should I worry about it. Of course I hear what you are saying too CB, that it does affect us when we have to sit next to a really overweight person on a plane or somewhere. But to be honest, how many times have you actually had to do that? Personally I haven't had to deal with that.

Or a significant amount of your tax dollars/pounds being used for health problems associated with obesity. This was part of the rational behind anti-smoking campaigns too, remember?

Tobbacos are taxed to death in many countries (but not in Japan), why not fatty foods?

It is interesting that fatty food is cheap in the states, while things like fatty sushi (otoro) and marbled steak are prized and expensive here in Japan. Though cheap fatty food like McDonalds is starting to take a stronghold.. Of course, the big difference is the volume of consumption.

I have a friend who is very fat, mostly because she likes to eat more than she likes to excercise. She is one of the most exuberant, outgoing people I know, and her attitude is 'I like the way I am, so if you don't then step the **** off'. I have a huge amount of respect for her because of this. I can't tell you how many insecure skinny girls I know. They bust their asses at the gym every day in the pursuit of what they think is perfection. Sure, they look good on the outside but on the inside they're a hot mess. What use are their looks when they're not mentally stable enough to hold down a relationship for longer than a week?

I'd rather be fat with a great personality than a skinny, vapid piece of batshit.

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:

I'd rather be fat with a great personality than a skinny, vapid piece of batshit.
Nice one Nicole lol.gif

It's actually amazing just how much of a hold the media and entertainment industry has on our ideas about the perfect body shape. Lots of cultures have traditionally seen bigger as beautiful.

Damn! Santa ia a big old fat-arse, and we still expect him to bring the goods. We don't complain when he gives the chimney a good old clean-out with his wide girth and leaves soot all over the lounge room!

BTW Nicole, just what does a vapid piece of batshit look like? I'm curious.

The species 'vapidus batshitus' is becoming prolific in capital cities all over Australia. They can usually be found huddled in the girls toilets at a nightclub, fixing their bleached blonde hair in front of the mirror while reapplying their makeup for the fiftieth time. They seek eachothers reassurance that they are, in fact, the hottest girl in the nightclub.

A common interaction might be:

BAT#1: "S$@#! Is my spray-tan streaking?"

BAT#2: "Shut up, you are totally hot OK?"

BAT#1: "No way, I'm like, so fat. You're so skinny, I hate you!"

BAT#2: "Whatever! I'm so effing ugly tonight!"

BAT#1: "Haha as if! I'm MAJORLY fugly. Let's go dance."

Quote:
Well said nicole! People who concern themselves with the weight of others are obviously lacking practical interests
A good point! But being as I started the topic I should defend myself. One of the reasons was to see how much people really gave a toss about the weight of others! It looks like overweight people provoke a negative reaction from most of you.

A friend of mine recently refused to hire a few overweight people on the grounds that "...they lack self discipline and project an image of laziness..."

They never knew what he thought of them of course.

So should obtusely fat people be able to spill onto your airplane seat? Gotta be a no! The answer isn't to persecute big people. How about airlines create and install bigger seats? Ever flown economy class? Sucks, doesn't it? Why? 'Cuzz the seats are tooooooo small (and I'm even a pretty small guy).

No sarcasm inteneded, but, how'bout accomodating lefties? This right handed world is a bit overwhelming at times! ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
The species 'vapidus batshitus' is becoming prolific in capital cities all over Australia. They can usually be found huddled in the girls toilets at a nightclub, fixing their bleached blonde hair in front of the mirror while reapplying their makeup for the fiftieth time. They seek eachothers reassurance that they are, in fact, the hottest girl in the nightclub.
A common interaction might be:
BAT#1: "S$@#! Is my spray-tan streaking?"
BAT#2: "Shut up, you are totally hot OK?"
BAT#1: "No way, I'm like, so fat. You're so skinny, I hate you!"
BAT#2: "Whatever! I'm so effing ugly tonight!"
BAT#1: "Haha as if! I'm MAJORLY fugly. Let's go dance."
Ease up there lady, I used to suffer a relationship with one of those types. Have some sympathy for the real victims.

I used to call her Show Bag: glossy and cheap on the outside, full of shit on the inside, yet strangely in demand by people with small minds.

(ps - being Australian I assume you know what a show bag is?)