• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dont you think theres a difference between being overweight and being orca fat?

When I saw my old friends in the Spring in the states I would say a good 75% of them were now a little overweight to overweight. My mom is overweight but she does try to take care of herself by eating really healthy and doing some light walking/jogging daily.

Maybe Im just an @sshole, but I find orca fat people disgusting - especially when you see the entire family like that. 12 year old son weighing 100kilos and an 8 year old daughter weighing 80kilos. (whathaveyou) I find it sad that people dont take better care of themselves and dont know how to eat healthy. Its even sadder that parents would let their young children get to be that big.

shields up!

no arguments from me on some of those points CB. I think it is quite sad when the choices of the parents affect the kids like that. I think some people have a real hard time with it but just find it really hard to break the cycle and slim down.

I know I come across as harsh, you know me thats my personality, but I really feel theres a strong difference between overweight vs. extremely fat.

Its shocking to see a family in america walkin in a mall, 4 of them side by side, taking up the entire walkway eek.gif when easily 10-15 people could be walking in 2 directions. Its shocking to see somebody who's so big they have a hard time walking around....sloths. I think in the 7 years Ive been abroad, people in the states have gotten fatter and fatter... \:\(

Your right about the cycle through mate... once you get in it its hard to break.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
How about airlines create and install bigger seats?
they do its called "business class".
wink1.gif
I am all for bigger seats if the price doesnt go up. Its trade off, lower prices or bigger seats.

I have few "large" friends, the exuberant, outgoing really cool types Nicole mentioned, most of them are woman. They are good friends and have been good friends for a long time partly I think because of their dynamics, it was strictly only ever platonic.

I know I've mentioned this once before, but my father is quite overweight. Like your mum, he eats very healthily and excercises frequently, but is having trouble shifting the weight.

Not long ago, I went for a jog with my dad along the beach. He was sweating profusely and must've looked completely buggered. A couple of asshole kids decided to yell out "Run fatass, run!" to my dad in front of everyone on the beach. I was so mad I wanted to go over and beat the living daylights out of them. My dad pretended he didn't care, but I know he was quite hurt and embarrassed by the incident. Now, he refuses to jog with me and prefers to excercise late at night, when no one else is around.

So, to answer your question, if I were to see a family of "orca fatties" I certainly wouldn't harbour feelings of disgust towards them. It's their problem and I'm sure they have enough trouble dealing with their health issues let alone having to deal with negative bullshit from other people. Get my point?

Quote:
Originally posted by Creek Boy:
Its shocking to see a family in america walkin in a mall, 4 of them side by side, taking up the entire walkway eek.gif when easily 10-15 people could be walking in 2 directions. Its shocking to see somebody who's so big they have a hard time walking around....sloths.
Oh my god, you make me so mad! mad.gif

>So, to answer your question, if I were to see a family of "orca fatties" I certainly wouldn't harbour feelings of disgust towards them. It's their problem and I'm sure they have enough trouble dealing with their health issues let alone having to deal with negative bullshit from other people. Get my point?

Yes, very strongly. Had I seen that I woulda beat the shit outta the kids myself Nicole. I cant tell you how much that kinda stuff pisses me off. Especially when somebody is trying to work hard at controlling a problem they have. Im not a person who knocks other people down - thats one of the harshest things somebody can do. Its really weird but I get this good feeling inside when I see people exercising because theyre trying to control their weight. I love going for walks with my mom and my dog.

Anyone think that it's not healthy foods (like how the media, exercise, and diet industries like to focus on in the English speaking world), but simply volumes of food that matters? I mean, Japanese people generally aren't fat, but Japanese food isn't exactly healthy (though home cooked meals are healthier than things like ramen, tonkatsu, etc.) and lots of Japanese people don't exercise regularly. And people in the countrysides also have car-centred lifestyles. But they're not overwhelmingly fat.

Kids are getting chubbier though, so the problem is definitely creeping in. I wonder how much of that is due to proliferation of McDonalds, etc?

Portion size is definitely a factor. I eat when I'm hungry, which is often, and I'm usually full after eating half of what's on my plate. My boyfriend, on the other hand, eats only when it's meal time and will devour everything that's on his plate (and my leftovers as well) regardless of whether he's hungry or not. He does a lot of excercise so it hasn't caught up with him, but I reckon he'll get chubby in his old age!

> I wonder how much of that is due to proliferation of McDonalds, etc?

Id say a huge portion. Like I said before, when you walk by a McShits here, how many peeps are waiting to order? You can see 20 HS boyz and girlz just waiting to chomp into a Mcshitburger...