Australia vs Japan- World Cup Draw 2006

As a gaijin, the bias of the coverage is so bad that you sometimes want the Japan's opponents to win.

NOT WHEN ITS AUSTRALIA THOUGH! :p

NIPPON! Clap-clap-clap!

NIPPON! Clap-clap-clap!

NIPPON! Clap-clap-clap!

NIPPON! Clap-clap-clap!

clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

My money is on Croatia :p

Then Brazil

Next Japan

Last place Australia.

Sorry for all you Ozzies out there but just no talent, depth, nor strength. Im surprised you even qualified \:D

Group E

Italy

Ghana

United States

Czech Republic

My pick

US

Italy

Ghana

Czech Republic

cool.gif

...though Im sure the states will come in last as usual :rolleyes:

Lets Positive clap.gif

CB you biatch! You are as bad as the damn coach of the US team! (Yes, I know you were fishing with that comment.) ;\)

I just wish we had been drawn in your group!

Ah well, we are gonna beat Japan, and that's all that matters.

The funny thing is, hardly anyone I know gives a shit about soccer - that is, until Australia got into the World Cup. Now everyone's a soccer expert! :rolleyes:

I don't follow the soccer at all but I reckon Italy will win, purely because they have the hottest looking players. :p

Hahaha, it is just unfortunate that the profile of soccer in Australia isn't the same as cricket or rugby league. But with the reforms within the game, the new league and the FFA hopefully it might change in the next few years!

Quote:
Originally posted by nicole:
The funny thing is, hardly anyone I know gives a shit about soccer - that is, until Australia got into the World Cup. Now everyone's a soccer expert! :rolleyes:

I don't follow the soccer at all but I reckon Italy will win, purely because they have the hottest looking players. :p
I don't really give a shit about soccor, gimme AFL anyday!
It's good that people get behind their countries teams, though if they lose, they'll be the biggest critics.
Happens here too.

You're right Indosnm. You don't have to be extra interested in a sport to enjoy it at an international level. I mean look at how much people in Aus get into the swimming, but who ever takes notice of anything that isn't an international meet?

Let me guess, Bombers right? :p

Quote:
Now everyone's a soccer expert!
......nah! They just start spouting bollocks they know very little about.

Listening to the "once every 4 years if my country gets into the World Cup" experts can get rather tiring... ;\)
 Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Listening to the "once every 4 years if my country gets into the World Cup" experts can get rather tiring... ;\)
Tell me about it, I work with about 20 of these self-proclaimed experts!

It's the same story at Melbourne Cup - everyone turns into amateur bookies overnight... bloody annoying.

Hey Indo - another crows fan!

Does that mean there's only 2 of us on here?

A few months back a guy noticed my crows bumper sticker in the local supa-carpark and asked if that was a soccer team from Kanto area.