Sis is turning 21 very, very soon and I need to get her a present.

I have no idea what to get and any suggestions would be appreciated. Generally, she's fashionable, and likes going out to 'trendy' places etc.

Help me!

"fahionable" is pretty abstract. you have fashionable-funky, fashionable-chic, etc. does she spends coin on expensive brand stuff, or does she like finding stuff in small old shops??

anyway, how about a handbag, ipod, digital camera, sunglasses, scarf, watch, bracelet?

kintaro: it's 18, so that's typically the time to give alcohol \:\/

montoya: chic 'fashionable'

handbag is currently winning out

got her an ipod mini last year

she bought a camera recently

has sunnies, it's summer so not really scarf

has watch

has enough bracelets, necklaces, earrings etc (unfortuantely)!

toque: that statement is very, very true \:\(

18! Lucky you guys! I had to wait until my 4th year in university to drink legally.

I agree with Toque, nothing beats receiving the gift of cash...even if it doesn't require much thought.

At this stage I'm leaning towards cash and a spanner or making her tell me what she wants.

O11: A George Bush doll?

also on a side note.

A friend of mine earlier this year asked me what he should get his wife - I said that I didn't know so I suggested a number of things including a good/nice scarf (was just going into winter)

Apparently he mentioned the scarf thing to his wife and she thought it was a silly present. However I thought it was fine, what the hell?

whoa, you gotta be careful buying something like a handbag for a girl.

unless it's an LV & you know she loves brands or whatever, you don't want to go messing with that kinda stuff. i mean, a handbag is to be used everyday so if she doesn't like it, she's never going to use it & yr going to wonder why the hell you blew so much money on a gift for no reason.

on the other hand, if you choose well, it's something she can use everyday & she'll always think of you, especially if people comment on it, etc.

gift certificates& money are handy but boring. plus, if yr not loaded, you should probably just choose something special anyway.

there's gotta be something better.

i still have a raincheck from my bro for my bday, it happens every year as apparently i'm hard to buy for. (strange, considering i can think of a million things i would like to receive)

if she has an ipod already, what about some accessories? japan has some good stuff.

also: some of those waterproof speakers you put in the bathroom. you can stick yr ipod inside & listen to music as you have a shower/do yr makeup etc.

definitely you need something else as well, but this is always an appreciated 'novelty' gift.

I wouldn't buy her a handbag... that sort of thing is pretty hard to choose for someone else.

Does she live at home? If so, maybe buy her stuff she can use when she moves out, i.e. nice bath towels/bedsheets/dinner set, etc.

Or maybe a day spa voucher? We girls love stuff like that.