Dumb and Dumber - Australian Snowboarding Bankrobbers

Anyone else hear about the Aussie duo "dumb and dumber' who were working at Vail last year and decided to rob a bank for some extra cash?.

The have been nicknamed dumb and bumber for the utter stupidity of their heist - they wore their Vail name badges and failed to disguise their ocker accents - at the same bank the were regular customers and well known to the the staff.

What muppets!...

http://www.smh.com.au/news/world/dumb-duos-happy-snaps-tell-all/2005/10/22/1129775994947.html

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

June 22, 2005

LUKE CARROLL PLEADS GUILTY TO VAIL BANK ROBBERY

DENVER – Bill Leone, Acting United States Attorney for the District of Colorado, and Thomas G. Donlon, Acting Special Agent in Charge of the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s Denver Office, announced that LUKE CARROLL, age 19, a citizen of Australia, pled guilty this morning to one count of armed bank robbery. The guilty plea occurred before U.S. District Court Judge Phillip S. Figa. CARROLL is scheduled to be sentenced by Judge Figa on September 23, 2005 at 8:30 a.m. CARROLL’s co-defendant, ANTHONY PRINCE, age 19, and dual citizen of New Zealand and Australia, had previously pled guilty before Judge Figa on June 15, 2005.

According to the stipulated facts set forth in the plea agreement, CARROLL and PRINCE were seasonal workers in Vail, Colorado during the 2004-2005 winter sport season. As their employment was winding down the defendants decided to rob Weststar Bank, located at 302 Hanson Ranch Road, in Vail, Colorado.

On March 18, 2005, CARROLL and PRINCE cased the bank. The defendants also secured the items necessary to rob the bank, including clothes that would make them hard to recognize, as well as two BB or pellet guns, which would simulate handguns. At approximately 10:11 a.m. on March 21, 2005, CARROLL and PRINCE entered the Weststar Bank through the front door. Both defendants brandished the BB pistols and informed the two victim tellers that they were robbing the bank.

One victim teller was pushed to the ground by one of the robbers, injuring her arm. While standing over the victim teller on the ground, PRINCE ordered the other victim teller to gain access to the safe of the bank. Once in the safe the second victim teller was ordered to place cash, totaling $132,000 into a pillowcase which had been handed to her by one of the robbers. The second victim teller was then ordered to get down on the floor. The robbers then fled the bank.

During the investigation of the bank robbery officers recovered approximately $1,000 of the bank’s money in two bricks, as well as two Daisy Model 15XT BB pistols, one Motorola walkie/talkie and one gray ski jacket which matched the description of the clothing one of the robbers used during the course of the bank robbery. The next several days after the bank robbery the defendants made efforts to mail a portion of the proceeds from the robbery back to Australia. They also spent some of the proceeds to acquire jewelry.

As CARROLL and PRINCE attempted to leave the country by catching a flight at Denver International Airport, the two were contacted by officers of the Denver Police Department. Each robber was found to have some of the bank robbery proceeds in their possession. Additional monies taken from the bank were recovered from trash bins at Denver International Airport. A small amount of the bank robbery proceeds remains unaccounted for.

This case was investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) and the Vail Police Department. The arrest was made by the Denver Police Department with assistance from the Transportation Security Administration. U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement also provided assistance during the course of this investigation.

The case is being prosecuted by Assistant U.S. Attorneys Dave Conner and Greg Holloway.

Ha ha! Muldoon was a p#ick in a lot of ways but he did come up with some good cracks such as that which you derived yours from soubriquet. He once described the leader of the opposition as "a shiver looking for a spine to run down" lol.gif . Talk about being owned.

I wonder how many joke t-shirts with the mugs of these mugs will get printed.

M-boy - Because they (the failed bank robbers) are utter f-wits and it is good where possible to share the considerable shame with your neighbour.

Soub - that chip on your shoulder still growing British warts I see?

"one of the Kiwis who emigrated to Oz to raise the average IQ of both countries" I take no offence to that what so ever but it is actually a bit of a racial slur aimed at the type of person that moves from NZ to OZ. I can think of/know plenty relocated kiwis that would take your head off for that comment.

Davo - You are a brave guy mentioning that drug crazed skinned rabbit shagger.

But Professor Helen Leach, of the University of Otago's anthropology department sounds so honest and distinguished, I believe her. :p

Back to the Yobbo bankrobbers, so one of the was half NZer huh? doesnt surprise, NZ is full of drongos and dipsticks, every day in the news there is calvacade of the chumps, equally as stupid as the dumb and dumber

My pavlova source

Pavlova info

and for those of us not inclined to checking out the site heres the quote..

Quote:
I come not to raise the pavlova issue again but to bury it. This, I believe, should be the final word on the origins of the pav and comes from the following highly authoritative AUSTRALIAN reference: M.Symons, "One continuous picnic: a history of eating in Australia", Duck Press, Adelaide, 1982. There's a long section on the Pav, its recipe and its origins but I'll excerpt the most important bits:

"A symphony of silence! So Pavlova has been described," began the report in the West Australian on Tuesday, July 9, 1929. "But who, seeing the famous ballerina for the first time as she stood on the deck... at Fremantle yesterday, could apply the description? It was Babel itself!" The reporter managed to share her cab into Perth... "They are funny, these Australians," she pronounced in the cab... The next night she gave the first of 11 evening... performances... "Exquisite Pavlova!..." began the West Australian. It was her only Perth season, on her second Australian tour. She died two years later. Yet her memory survived at her hotel, the Esplanade, because there six years later the chef whipped up the meringue and cream cake which perpetuates her name....

"In 1934, Mrs Elizabeth Paxton succeeded her husband as licensee of the Esplanade and under her invigorated guidance the afternoon teas became very desirable occasions.... One day she called in her manager... and they approached their chef [bert Sachse] to devise something special... Bert Sachse experimented for a month.... According to Paxton family tradition, the pavlova was named at a meeting at which Sachse presented the now familiar cake. The family say that either the licensee...or the manager...(as Sachse also said) remarked, "It is as light as Pavlova".

[The author then explains how he proceeded to research the NZ claim.] "To help check for me, librarians of the National Library of New Zealand kindly consulted their collection of cookery books. In fact, they found a recipe for "Pavlova cakes" ... published in 1929. The ingredients were roughly those of a pavlova, but it was not the pavlova as we know it, because the mixture was baked into three dozen little meringues. It seems a coincidence that the NZ cook was impressed by the ballerina's lightness and whiteness.

"But there is more to the NZ claim than this. Even earlier, in "Terrace Tested Recipes", collected by the ladies of Terrace Congregational Church, the second edition published in Wellington in 1927, there was a recipe submitted by a Mrs. McRae for Meringue Cake. [He then describes the recipe]. From similar recipes published in 1933 and 1934, I think it is fair to say that the Meringue Cake was common in NZ in the early 1930s. Its form varied, but it was to all intents and purposes what we know as a "Pavlova", sometimes even complete with passionfruit on top.

"Bert Sachse said in a magazine interview in 1973 that he sought to improve the Meringue Cake. There was a prize-winning recipe for Meringue Cake in the "Women's Mirror" on April 2, 1935. It contained vinegar, but no cornflour and was of two parts filled with whipped cream. The recipe was contributed by "Rewa", who happened to be of Rongotai, NZ. If Sachse read the "Women's Mirror" and other magazines for ideas, as his widow told me, he might have seen this recipe. We can concede that New Zealanders discovered the secret delights of the large meringue with the "marshmallow centre", the heart of the pavlova. But it seems reasonable to assume that someone in Perth attached the name of the ballerina...

and yeah there are some guys in NZ and Aust that are at least comparable to those 2 numbskulls \:\)

Well, there ya go. You learn a new thing every day. Trust the Aussies to have a stable claim to inventing the lamington, a bikkie that never grabbed me. Must say, not being a cream lover I never liked the cream in pavlolva, but I loved the meringue crust of course. Last nite I went out to dinner with a friend and the dessert included a piece of meringue, sampling that brought back childhood memories, though I think it's too sugary for me nowadays.

Quote:
Originally posted by Davo:
Well he was half Aussie too wasn't he. Don't be too hard on your fellow Aussies though DB, at least they didn't do this eek.gif eek.gif
DAVO_DON'T MAN_ I GET ENOUGH OF THE (HILARIOUS) sheep jokes. Thats the last thing we need!