The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

Read it BofC, and yes I'm sure there'll be an overhaul when he's finished I think.

I might be in a minority, but I don't think it would be such a bad thing if Keano moved aside. He's been patchy, and we simply need to find his "replacement". Sometimes I think Fergie picks Keane in the team because he's Keane rather than the best choice.

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was bad, quite a funny result actually. I bet they never imagined that would be a possible result even before they started, cocky gets.

Me too - it will be here soon. The only reason I would want to be in Japan now is to watch the Manchester United games today and Saturday.

Just watched it. I don't know what Fergie was thinking before the game, but that midfield he started with was just utter shite.

I see Rio is getting boo-ed every game by United fans. I wonder how that will all play out...

Hear about the Rio Ruud "fight" at the end?

What Ruud did on that Japanese player at the end was especially rude and riodiculouse. He's frustrated he ain't got it anymore.

I hear there was an earthquake as well. \:\(

Yes it looked like a fab goal it really did.

And it seems that Real are letting Owen go. I wonder where he will end up.....

Excellent goal, more of those please. Yes the papers here are really putting United at the front of the queue for Owen. I thought it was very improbable but with Smith seemingly bound for midfield and Saha breaking all the time, it may well happen.

Yes, and I was there with some old mates in the kop.

"a tedious first 45 minutes" sums it up, but great to be back there. And our star sub - a certain Mr Gerrard - scored. lol.gif

I just watched the Arsenal Chelsea Community Shield game. That dirty Drogma fellow scored the two for Chelsea who have started on their winning ways for the season.

"A new season might have arrived, but on the evidence of Sunday's game it could be a case of same old story for Premiership holders Chelsea.

Last season Jose Mourinho's side had the meanest goals against record in the Premiership and for long periods Chelsea's defensive blanket smothered Arsenal's attack."

All these teams and pundits this week going on about Wigan being in the relegation zone next May. I say they won't know what has hit 'em in another month. \:D Roll on the start of the season

Good to see a nice healthy footie group on here. One thing I miss about being in England (though I hear it all gets a bit much now - haven't been there much since the Premiership started).

My prediction:

1) Chelsea.

2) Arsenal.

3) Liverpool.

4) Man Utd.

What I really want.

1) Spurs.

2)-20) Any.