The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't actually see the game pie-eater but it sounds like you played well and didn't deserve to win. Losing in injury time is a right pisser, it must have been draining that.

As a Chelsea fan though - 3 points, thank you! ;\)

I see Arsenal were 0-0 against Newcastle for most of their game too.

How many red cards were there this weekend? There must have been 4, well 4 that I have heard of. A strict start to the season by the refs perhaps - anyone see all of the sending offs?

The Jenas red card has been rescinded already and reduced to a yellow. The ref has apologised to the player in writing. It was actually the linesman's fault coz he signalled it.

It was a shame he got it because it was shaping up as a good game. The pen also looked dodgy as Ljundberg was already headed groundward.

Rooney is looking in excellent form, Ronaldo as well from the looks of games up until the weekend when he was out of the game.

Ljunberg is a dirty get, it would not surprise me to hear he was diving.

What a game that was hey pie-eater.... you really did deserve the draw there (if not a win!) I feel for you.

Latest here had Owen coming back to Liverpool soon.

I was unlucky enough to watch it and waste my time.

James really should never be let near an England shirt ever again. It is just not funny (and never was), its just getting very annoying now.

Chelsea are going to ride their luck and be jammy gets again this season, you can just see it.

I hear that everywhere I go. Everyone is of course just jealous.

It seems James is asking for another chance. How many blumming chances does the guy want? You'd think he'd just go away quietly.

Not jealous just annoyed.

Uniteds game wasn't brilliant, but we won too - it was one of those games that we would have lost last season....

Another lacklustre performance from the red boys but we're through. Beat that tomorrow Everton! \:\)

I think United will be much better than last season. Maybe not enough to get Chelsea, but about Arsenal who seem to be up their own arse at the moment. lol.gif

lol.gif That's funny and a fair bit true. But what a miserable old git - probably a Crystal Palace supporter. ;\)

One of the few non-bashing lines though:

"Football, for all its faults, is still the best sport in the world."

Football fans are taken for a ride, but hey, look at all the therapeutic stress relief all these Everton fans are getting from calling Wayne Rooney a w@nker.

53382846.jpg?x=x&dasite=MS_GINS&ef=2&ev=1&dareq=E2399169AC85D6DE9A21091711E5AD1E078573A9AEE816187757C85AE85A779B

As MasterCard would say, "priceless".

Chelsea and Liverpool in the same draw for Champions League. Well, well. . ... \:\) that should be interesting.

GROUP A

Bayern Munich

Juventus

Club Brugge

Rapid Vienna

GROUP B

ARSENAL

Ajax

Sparta Prague

Thun

GROUP C

Barcelona

Panathinaikos

Werder Bremen

Udinese

GROUP D

MAN UTD

Villarreal

Lille

Benfica

GROUP E

AC Milan

PSV Eindhoven

Schalke

Fenerbahce

GROUP F

Real Madrid

Lyon

Olympiakos

Rosenborg

GROUP G

LIVERPOOL

CHELSEA

Anderlecht

Real Betis

GROUP H

Inter Milan

Porto

RANGERS

Artmedia Bratislava

Group G should be fun. Not too bad for United, but a meeting with Deadly Diego who is BOUND to score against them. Arsenal got the easiest route it seems.

Some good quotes in that "Fans Reply" article.

"An idiot? Me? I'm a Newcastle fan, for God's sake - I'm not an idiot!" \:\)