I saw the antipersirant thread, and thought that this was a product that needed addressing.

In Canada, my Japanese friends said they never used Canadian condoms (no jokes from the peanut (shit, bad pun) gallery, please) because the didn't trust them. And Canadian friends in japan had the same misgivings about japanese condoms.

Personally, i just like the ones that come wrapped like omamori, with the kanji 'Kon' (ima, now), 'Do' (the do in ondo, temperature), and 'Mu' (dream, yume) written on it.

Cant go past the "big boy" brand - with a picture of a horse head on the front to boost your ego.

I think that I will take a few packs of those home for gifts.

anyone else think that the regular ones here tend to be a little short?

had a few bad experiences with J-condoms. Dont remember what they were but were ones at love hotels (maybe that was the problem eh) After that stopped using J-condoms and only use trojans now. Kinda a hassle getting em from the States but dont want any Yama Jr's runnin around ;\)

The only descent J-condoms I think are the Big-man (the one with the stallion cover not the big nose guy) and some that you can only find in condomania called Bazooka. The Big-man-Stallion ones are pretty lame because they are colored black!!!! Not the best color for a condom I guess. The Bazooka ones are better but they come in a box with 3 condoms inside for 500 yen. It is even cheaper to go to shopland than buy condoms here and do it yourself at home. \:D

I usually order my Trojans from the internet or I restock whenever I go buck home.

The restocking process actually is kind of funny, because last time, I went to the lady at cash-register with 8 packs of Trojans. You should have seen her face! lol.gif

I got a friend to send a supply on when I first came here. He was kind enough to do me the favor. Apparently the lady looked very surprised when he went up to the counter with about 100. He apparently broke the silence by saying

"I'm having an orgy tonight". lol.gif

Curtis, just out of curiosity, since you've advertised your intention to have at least preparations for 100 sexual encounters, how ya' doin?

Quote:
Originally posted by Captain Stag:
Are you sure you dont mean Big Boy Tsondaboy?

Havent seen any "big mans" around - perhaps its a level up I should investigate.
Ups, typo. It is Big Boy the correct name.
The level up version is the one with the stallion on the cover of the box. Lame colour though!

My sister used to get durex for me from NZ, she used to ask her doc for prescription and for $4 dollars - yes $4 she got a large cardboard box full 12 boxes of 12 - a gross of johnnies for $4 bucks! crazy! Doctors prescriptions are the way forward!

Got a family member in NZ? then get yourself hooked up!

I had a little racket going for while - selling them to the boys at a profit.

I think that sometimes people feel more comfortable with the brands that they know hence people going for the ones from home. Same thing with many things such as toothpaste, ointments etc etc

I often hear people saying that this & that from home is much better than the one's here. I think it boils down to familiarity (sp?)

condoms are terrible things.

I think you are correct, Indosnm (on the familiarity thing).

However, I believe condoms are a good thing as abstinence is impossible. Take the HIV AIDS situation in Afrika for example.

Quote:
Take the HIV AIDS situation in Afrika for example.
And here in Japan!!

Quote:
According to UNAIDS statistics, among Japanese who are sexually active, the rate of condom use is 80%. Even so, the rate of AIDS infections has risen 14%, the same rate that it has been increasing in sub-Saharan Africa

> of course, there could have been a lot of promiscuity between 2003 and 2005

There has. And many Japanese still don't appreciate that the AIDs risk is now from promiscuous Japanese and not dirty foreigners.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
> of course, there could have been a lot of promiscuity between 2003 and 2005

There has. And many Japanese still don't appreciate that the AIDs risk is now from promiscuous Japanese and not dirty foreigners.
Like all the J-Men sex trips to China and Thailand... didnt they hire like 100+ women to have a huge orgy with?? :rolleyes:

Does anybody here like glow-in-the-dark condoms?? I quite fancy them \:D \:D

> Like all the J-Men sex trips to China and Thailand...

Or like all the swinging and heavy, unprotected group sex that goes on between perfect strangers in provincial backwaters like Ehime...