Originally Posted By: BagOfCrisps
Looks like it could do with a bit of a scrub itself though wink

Hey, I have my very own stalagmites....or is it stalactites growing. It's going to be really something in a few....umm....thousand years.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Mama Mia ! my jaw dropped and stays dropped ... all natural stone features, too.

The rock is a famous and very valuable "Mikage Ishii" soft granite known for it's properties to turn from white when dry to deep green when wet. It was quarried here on the Izu penninsula and as far as I know isn't available any more. The upper walls were hinoki but I just redid the whole thing in red cedar a few years ago.

Its gotten better. OK, I'd like to sit in that onsen. I will pay good money. Tell me the waiting list.

Good one for the SJ Giveaway too. 50 Tickets to the Chiz onsen.
Originally Posted By: MitchPee
Back on topic...

How do people view tattoos in public onsen settings? I am a little reluctant because I do have some. Would people be hesitant to talk or distasteful towards them?

Never had any problems up this way with tattoos. The onsen I regularly frequent near Kutchan is often visited by members of the local Yakuza who are covered all over, so my one tattoo on my shoulder never causes anyone to blink. Been to most of the onsens in this region often with people who have quite a few tattoos and never a problem.
Originally Posted By: thursday
Originally Posted By: Chriselle
Originally Posted By: Jynxx
Mama Mia ! my jaw dropped and stays dropped ... all natural stone features, too.

The rock is a famous and very valuable "Mikage Ishii" soft granite known for it's properties to turn from white when dry to deep green when wet. It was quarried here on the Izu penninsula and as far as I know isn't available any more. The upper walls were hinoki but I just redid the whole thing in red cedar a few years ago.

Its gotten better. OK, I'd like to sit in that onsen. I will pay good money. Tell me the waiting list.

Good one for the SJ Giveaway too. 50 Tickets to the Chiz onsen.

Hold on a sec! I don't know if I like the direction my user name is heading.... slap Thursday, you can have the first sitting in the J--z onsen...no charge buddy.
Originally Posted By: Topless Snowboarding Nun
I would like that too.

Having said that, it might spoil the fun of a trip if I had one in my own house.

friend

Actually, that is in fact the case.