• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

A new place just opened in Susukino, offering 100yen ramen for the rest of this week as a promotion. I was in town on Wednesday and even though its a bit hot for ramen, how can you say no to that pric

It was called しずる (Sizzle!) and it's on the main drag that runs east west through Susukino, maybe two blocks west of the Nikka Man/Maccy D's crossroads. North side of the street.   There was a bit

Right now, this is my current favourite. My local ramen shop serves curry ramen with BBQ pork.....it's awesome!!

Not a big fan, but tonkotsu is my favourite of the generic types. A sign of spending too much time in Kansai maybe.

Totally local, but the place on Route 13 near the corner of Seibu in Amagasaki does a killer one called goma tare raamen. It's made with a sesame/miso paste. I've never seen it anywhere else. It's very heavy, but really hits the spot.

Other recommended noodles in Kansai are the bibinmen you get at the yakiniku restaurant Mifukuen in Sakuranomiya (Osaka loop line). Korean cold noodles (the elasticy ones) in a kimuchi-base type sauce which you put in an iced soup to eat. I've had them elsewhere but they're nowhere near as good. Great yakiniku at Mifukuen too. It's right near the bridge 2 minutes from the station.

As for gyoza, Akaman in Motomachi (Kobe, near but not in Chinatown). Their menu consists of gyoza and beer only! You eat them with a fantastic miso tare, not the usual vinegar-soy-rayuu one.

I love ramen sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

oooooooooooooooooooooo much

[This message has been edited by sachiko (edited 24 May 2002).]

• 7 years later...
Originally Posted By: danz
and to think that before I came to japan I thought Top Ramen Oriental Flavored instant noodles was pretty good....

Raamen is de-li-cious...
and you gotta have gyoza on the side...

miso anything is good with me...

and, yes, hokkaido ramen REALLY is better than the rest of japan...

danz

what is oriental flavour?

I agree that Hakata and Sapporo have good ramen. I also found Setagaya Dori in Tokyo to have a lot of good places. I love the miso or shio with lots of garlic.

Generally, as you go east the taste gets saltier.... So I can understand Mr.Wiggles. I love the Kansai taste especially when it's Udon.

Can't beat the Tonkotsu taste from Kyushu. I like Sapporo ramen, too

and by all means +1 to Kintaro san...

Look for places in Setagaya dori where the taxi's are stopping... wink wink

JA, don't know any place in Osaka, BUT have a look for the dirtiest LOOKING place, tiny, wooden shack and that will prob be your place!! I love these little places that are cramped in every nook and cranny

Am I misreading things or is this a 7 year old thread brought back to life by Mr thursday today?

In any case, personal favorite/recommendation would be any variety of Toyama Black ramen; specifically Taiki Ramen .

• 4 years later...

Ramen with a cheese flavored soup.

It does actually exist believe it or not.

And it is fabulous.

Yes it does. It's massive in Korea and had made it's way here last year.

Can't say I like it much though.