• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, he crashed but so did almost everyone else - part of the fun of winter testing.

They are in a modified 2001 car because the new spec is not "ready" (ie still testing components and don't want to compromise on reliability). The 2001 was so good though that it shouldnt be a problem for them, as yesterdays results seem to show.

It will be VERY boring tho' if Ferrari just blow the comp away from the very start.

The 2001 car is a highly developed version of last years car. These teams develop the cars constantly, so the 2001 car that started in Melbourne 2001 was vastly improved before Suzuka 2001. And they have improved it more since then, so its much evolved.

They say the 2002 car is about a second faster still than the current 2001 car. I hope not, otherwise the other teams may as well not turn up.

frannyo

people were saying a similar thing about mclaren just a few seasons ago. remember them starting in melbourne in 1999... within 10 laps, both coulthard and hakkinen had around 8 seconds on 3rd place....... they were the shit!

hate to say it (being a mclaren fan through and through) but look at ferrari now! - unstoppable... a good combination. everybody has their day. before mclaren it was williams with senna (ahmen), hill and villeneuve.

my point being..... never give up at anything! you will have your moment and glory!

the wise lama

Yeah I was watching that too lama.

Lets hope this is a real indication of where we are, although its hard to tell with Slowcellos car blowing up and Schuey having to start from the back due to his Montoya push.

NO WAY was that a penalty for Montoya - Shumacher clearly barged into him (well it certainly looked like that on my TV).

Poor Button at the end, hey?

Whats up with McLaren?

Love it (not) when the Japanese commentators IGNORE the fact that Sato rams Fisi, and says HONDA POWER when a Honda car is doing comparatively well, and then use the driver and team name only when something goes wrong. Gets on me nuts, does that.

Interesting race overall.

Didnt see your post timmo....but I'm with you on those points you make.

Although I'm not too confident that this is something that will be result that we get many times in the season. (Unfortunately).

[This message has been edited by frannyo (edited 17 March 2002).]

hate to be sceptical!!

depends on which team can give the biggest "backhander" and offer the best team xmas party invitation at the end of the year to the FIA.

oh well

schuey was nearly back to his true colours of the late 90's and his bouts with villenueve.... showing off his arrogancy.

nah cant say that... i honestly think that was a "racing incident" and was unfortunate that they came together...... "thats racing"

and that is what everyone pays their money to see is close racing and overtaking. except when the FIA introduce regulations to slow down the cars to the point of boring the crowd because there is no action!

oh well

what will be will be

but bring on the action

the wise lama

BUUUUUUUWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz! BUUUUUWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeezzzzzz! ZZZZzzeee!! BBZZZZzzeee!! BUUUUUWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeezzzzzz!

Oh yes, F1 sure is good fun to watch. Go on lads, do a Senna, thrill me. May the wall rise up to meet you...

Dont you like F1 Ocean11.

I actually enjoy watching it.

Shuey is such a good driver, but a git.

Monty is what we need to breathe life into proceedings.

Barricello is just plain boring.

Cubehead is having a nightmare start to "his season" once more.

Irvine is just a git, but quite funny with it.

Looks like Williams might be strong again this weekend hey? Ralf is blabbing on about how they will stuff the Ferraris again.

Shuhead to use the F2002 car for the first time.