What do you do for a living?

Just wondering what everyone does for a living? I am sure there will be a lot of english teachers, a few translators, probably a few bankers and a few snow-bums!? I know what I'd choose out of that list!!! ;\)

Ocean, I think being a snow-bum somewhere right up north in japan would be just a bit better than being a translator. But then again I'm not a translator so I don't know what it is like... so what does everyone do??? How do you make your dosh??? What keeps you busy mon-fri???

Well Markie, there are some days when I could use the services of a hit-man. So you come over here, and I'll qualify you to do my job while in your free moments you take care of some of the folks on my list.

Deal? (Technical translation is hard work mind. Killing people is much easier...)

You're on, Ocean. Send me your list!

Killing is actually the easy part, not getting caught is much harder. Cleaning up the mess afterwards to avoid getting cursed by the cleaning-ladies is the hardest bit!

Me, too mogski!

I work for an architectural company (not designer but receptionist).

Snow in the moutain and beautiful sunset on the beach are enough for my life.

Having strong desire for a living is good!

My business card says Coordinator for International Relations but thats pretty airy fairy. I work for a "city" of 27,000 souls who see very very few foreigners so the work can be a blast sometimes and suck sometimes.

So zwelgen... you are a CIR then? You certainly scored getting a place in Nagano-ken though. So what is it like being a CIR? I am contemplating my future after finally graduating from uni last year... havent got very far actually! ha

Mogski... what do you do in the office? Apart from dream that you are skiing that is? Dont you do something similar to what Ocean does?

I wonder what Markie actually does too... apart from try and chat up Japanese girls that is!!! ;\)

Yep CIR and I cant believe I managed to get put where I am. I think the reference from a Japanese ski field made them think Id handle the snow here or something.

When I got my placement letter I typed in "Iiyama" into a search engine to see what would come up etc and thats where I found this website ..."take the Iiyama line to Nozawa Onsen".

What can I say, good days and bad days, definately more good, and the job can get you loads of cool stuff, like Im interpreting at the mogul world cup next month \:\) oh yeeah. But I think Im one of the luckier CIRs, small rural place means I have loads of freedom with the job. Others in bigger places arent so lucky I think.

Blah blah blah, if you want more info send me a private message yeah. What are you studying?

Quote:
Originally posted by woywoy:

Mogski... what do you do in the office? Apart from dream that you are skiing that is? Dont you do something similar to what Ocean does?

If you mean spend half my time lurking around on thsi site then yes Ocean and I have the same jobs ;\)

I am in marketing for Automobile manufacturer.

I would sooner be in a shack on the slopes of a moutain that gets puked on through the night and fine for the day. \:\(

Kamoshika... what does that mean? Sounds like some sort of super brainy arts graduate's job! What do you actually do?

Mogski... marketing ay. Do you have a job like a few mates of mine in tokyo where you spend more time chatting on the net than actually working??? I cant believe the amount of time these guys spend chatting and still get paid! Crazy.

I am paid to chat \:D I am paid to research the web \:D Somehow though my web research just keeps rolling on back to this site. Gotta work out how to stop the window from popping up like that.

mogski, you could use the off-topic section of this board to ask some foreign punters what they think of your company's cars and the sort of people who drive them.

You'll be interested to learn that Subaru drivers are really smart and have big swinging ... I dunno, something anyway.

I may turn into a semiconductor packaging system sales engineer one of these days. That would be a neat trick for an English graduate wouldn't it?

Quote:
Originally posted by mogski:
I am paid to chat \:D I am paid to research the web \:D Somehow though my web research just keeps rolling on back to this site. Gotta work out how to stop the window from popping up like that.
When you find out how to do it let me know! I need some kind of time lock or something, can only access this page once a day or something
 Quote:
Originally posted by Ocean11:
mogski, you could use the off-topic section of this board to ask some foreign punters what they think of your company's cars and the sort of people who drive them.

That would mean work!

Besides you gotta make something good for peoples to want to drive or ride them right? Once we get that done I might look into your suggestion!