Your original "Japanese" recipie.

Simple.

Instead of anko-mochi.

Replace the anko bit with chocolate.

Easy to make. Get some Cadburys Dairy Milk, put in pan with some milk, heat to make a choco cream.

Pour on mochi.

You can also replace the mochi with simple rice, but its not as good.

Hardly a recipie, but when I first came here, I was taken to a yakiniku restaurant. At that time, to me, just a bowl or rice wasn't too exciting, so I put some tonkatsu sauce on my rice to eat. My colleagues (and restaurant staff) were horrified.

The rice and sauce was delicious though - highly recommended.

I always cause rice offence as I seldom even touch the bowl, let alone eat it. When I do eat it I invent something to add a little flavour - like your tonkatsu sauce idea. My Japanese work mates tell me it is 'immature'.

My best japanese recipe is "seaweed and roast dinner combo". I make a huge roast meal with gravy and all the yummy veggies and big slabs of juicy meat. I then position a piece of seaweed on the side of the plate.

This is a great japanese meal as it is even good for my dog. He gets the left-overs and seaweed is good for dogs.

for a snack, i dip carrots and cucumbers in a miso-mayo mix. it's not original, but it's so easy. i also like to make sandwiches with salmon sashimi. when i splurge on smoked salmon, i eat it with cream cheese on rice crackers.

I caused rice consternation at a school party by making 'ochazuke' with the rice that came at a fancy restaurant in Kyoto. I was told I had just spoiled my 'specially excellent and delicious rice'. As far as I was concerned I had made it taste of tea rather than of soggy tissue paper which is what white Japanese rice always tastes of.

db, I suppose you could probably call your colleagues immature whenever they eat that ghastly sweet baby-food mush called 'oyako donburi'.

Ho-hum.

ughhh- how can you find milk delicious?? i absolutely hate it. it's pretty unnatural to drink milk past childhood- do you see other animals doing it? that's why so many adults are lactose intolerant. but cheese on the other hand is oishii.

man one look at the hunched over osteoporosis (sp? inflicted octogenerians here sends me straight to the fridge for a big swig of milk and a yoghurt. Nothing more refreshing than a monster chocolate milk mmmmmm

Maybe other animals dont drink milk after they become adults is because the mother needs the nutrients herself... reminds me of a conversation nekobi - do whales breastfeed!

whales do breastfeed.

I love milk, in oz drank 1 litre every morning for breaky. It is a little odd that humans still drink it, but the only reason we do is that we have discovered how to get it from other animals as human mothers stop lactating after a few months (thank god).

Giraffes also stop lactating and the baby giraffe has to go off the tit (so to speak) and onto greens. That is of course unless giraffes have learnt how to farm and milk other mamals, which they have not. But humans have, so we get to enjoy juice of the breast for a lifetime.

That cow looks fit to eat. And it's nipples look clean too.

I was punished at primary school for not drinking the revolting warm milk provided by the State for my benefit, and it's given me a big problem with authority ever since. However, attitude notwithstanding, I've learned to enjoy milk, especially the ultra-fresh creamy stuff from Yatsugatake farm. If you're ever in Chino, Nagano, head up that way and try some. It'll cost you, but it's mooolicious.

How about this for an original 'Japanese' recipe - koshihikari rice pudding flavoured with wasabi.

Quote:
I was punished at primary school for not drinking the revolting warm milk provided by the State for my benefit, and it's given me a big problem with authority ever since
That, and you being in the army (is that what you said?), explains a lot.
 Quote:
Originally posted by nekobi:
here's another with wasabe-- add it to your ****** mary.
there is the perfect example of why the word b l o o d y is not a swear word and should not be auto sensored.

(for all naive punters, nekobi was not refering to a drink called F*****G Mary).

The B-Mary is the best. Even the virgin variety is great. I will have to try the wasabe variant.