Time to celebrate - interest day at my bank!

Yes! Today was the day my bank paid me interest on my account. I was a little disappointed - my interest was FOUR YEN (yes, 4 yen!). Last year I am sure it was nearer 10 yen. I'll have to cut back on the food I think.

Congratulations! That's 4 yen you did not budget for so send them onto me @ Purchase rad resort fund.com. You will feel much better for it!

FYI, I accept all major credit cards and cheques as long as they are over $50,000 also.

I for one am deeply disappointed in the extremely low interest in Japanese banks. We've had a substantial amount of yen in Mizuho since last summer and the interest was only 348 yen over the last 6 months. I get 5 times that amount monthly from the much smaller amount of money in my stateside checking account bank...

open a japan citibank account, then online and within the online account area for your account you can sell jpy/buy eur and earn around 7% pa. plus i understand that you can fiddle it so that you have 1 month roll rather than 12 month fixed term.

Of course you will then have to contend with exchange rate risk.

or, if enough people give me enough cash to start my own company, I will earn you between 10% in a poor year, 25-50% in a typical year and 100% in a great year, all with the low risk of losing 10% in a very very bad year.

Better still.... no, that would be illegal.

by the way, did you know that it is possible to be paid to borrow someone elses money?

Quote:
Originally posted by RayInJapan:
I for one am deeply disappointed in the extremely low interest in Japanese banks. We've had a substantial amount of yen in Mizuho since last summer and the interest was only 348 yen over the last 6 months. I get 5 times that amount monthly from the much smaller amount of money in my stateside checking account bank...
But on the flipside, the low interest rates are great when you are getting a house loan for about 1% as opposed to about 7% in OZ.

Hey db, do you really need your own company to do that? I'd like to try it, but probably not quite enough resources to help you buy a company....

PS - you can really get 7% thru Citibank? Wow. Maybe I'll check it out.

Quote:
Originally posted by db:

Better still.... no, that would be illegal.

hey, c'mon, if we all put up a fund and the moolah rolls in, we can make a group decision to be moral in the future, and then right society's wrongs with our new found wealth!