Ducks on bank books, penguin family digging holes...

Does anyone have a good reason for the rather childish looking duck family printed all over my bank account books, or the penguin dressed up in overalls digging on a men-at-work sign at the roadworks, etc etc. Why??

Is it so children will look at it and think it is kawaii? And if so, WHY?!!

\:D :p

Very curiously,

slimeypete

the meitetsu trains, on one side of the train, have a monkey with a sore hand, illustrating that he was careless when the doors closed..

on the other side is a dolphin with a bandaged fin.

i get the monkey, u know, monkeys can be mischievious an' all, but i ask u, what was the dolphin doing out without a responsible minder?? its a completely different world up here!

My post office has a poster advertising what I think is its savings scheme.

It has a picture of a deer, and the slogan is "For you and your dears future" (spelt with an "a"). It still confuses me when I look at it.

My ATM has Dumbo on it. Although with the years of use and abuse he has had his ears are looking worst for wear.

Certainly is a good thing to pull out on a date or in the bar! Gets dem girls going goooooooood!

My bank book has a family of geese on it. Mummy is wearing an apron, daddy has a case (he's obviously a salaryman), and the 2 kids have their cute school uniforms on. They all look very happy.