I came here originally to study Japanese. I studied at the U of Hawaii and wanted to keep studying. Still not pera-pera! I'll probably stay here for another few years...money's pretty good.

The official story is 'an interest in Japanese military history and a curiosity about the country stimulated by Japanese cinema imports.'

But the honne is 'minge'. My longtime gf of university days came here to teach and kept writing me letters painting the country in terms of an exotic paradise in which we could pursue our relationship of exclusively physical compatibility.

I'd really like to know why ya'll that are here chose "here" to come to! Some dayz I actually question myself "what are you doing here, Kintaro?"

AET, Indosnm, frannyo - why Japan? Why do people come to this country in favor of there own?

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:

AET, Indosnm, frannyo - why Japan? Why do people come to this country in favor of there own?
Kintaro, after yet another surf in crappy waves and a 90min drive each way I again ask myself the question, WHY AM I HERE??

Really first time I came here coz when i was living in indonesia I met heaps of very very cool j crew. They gave me a great impression of Japan's people and sparked my interest to come here...returned to OZ and was rather bored with it and headed here... Its not really that bad here, actually I miss alot about japan when I am away!