Norika-chan and Coolio--Together!

BM that sounds really harsh! My younger cousin gets them too periodically, he just used to cry non-stop when he was about 5 or 6, but they seem to be disappearing luckily.

You ought to consider yourself lucky that you didn't have a consultation off some UK NHS doctor. I've no doubt they'd advise that some of your brain needed to be removed, only for you to wake up and find out you'd had breast implants!

Thanks guys for the props!

I'm 40 now, it's almost 20 years since I had a migraine like that!

As for what I learned, as much as I may have got some inner strength from it, the practical problems these headaches caused re school and social life taught me to escape, to hide, to avoid, to procrastinate, and to be impatient and cynical and bitter about authority figures like doctors and teachers!

These are all skills that I put to good use in my job as a lawyer.

Mr. Matthews, luck to your younger cousin. Today there are lots of new effective drugs for migraines, including one-time inhalers and ear-piercing treatments (really, they are documented to work!).

And now there are specialty headache clinics where the docs understand these things and can help devise avoidance and pain management strategies. They won't listen blandly to your description, assume you are a fool then say "have you tried aspirin?"

Years after mine went away, I bumped into a doctor at a party who was also a migraine sufferer, and he had plenty of good ideas and leads for handling them. Hope your cuz can find somebody like that.

Thats pretty crazy BM. My ladie's mother gets them every now and again, but they seem to be nothing compared to what used to experience.

I've heard about the ear piercing thingy before. I found it quite interesting. I guess it must have some link to acupuncture (sp??). One of my aunites flew off the handle at me when she found out i had several peircings because she said it would change who i am because certain areas have an effect on the body. While i do think that acupuncture does have some merit i think my aunt over reacted a little.

• 2 months later...

China Strike Force was on Wowow last night.

As BM described, there are some crazy chase scenes and mad fight action. Lots of Norika's body too. To me, it sounded like she had been coached in English by some Chinese people. As trashy films go, it was pretty good!

Coolio plays a bling-bling gansta from L.A. that comes close to parody. Mind you, I've seen him attempt to talk seriously though in a documentary about Stevie Wonder, and he didn't seem much different then.

• 2 weeks later...