Nice on-topic post there cal... ;\)

I've come to like the name Hideki for boys. In spite of the famous one Tojo, Matsui who I can't help liking in spite of hating baseball, has done a lot for the name. Otherwise, I like the names Damian and Carl.

For a girl I'd chose Ami, after the sweety in Puffy (although chances are she'd be called Amy by foreigners who didn't know better).

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I heard a pretty name, may well fall into the cliche field - Emiri (sounds very much like Emily).

It helped that the girl was fantastically pretty as well.

man, i missed this thread the first time around bc i was on holiday. the whole cliched K&H names remind me of this conversation i had with some british friends. there were talking about a time in england when everyone was named kevin and darren, sharon and ?? ooh i forgot the other girls name- something like deborah. they would all date each other and paint their names on the back windshield of their car. had all these nicknames like shazzer. i really thought they were taking a piss, but then others backed them up. anyone have good kevin and shazzer stories to tell? i find this all very fascinating.

Wanted to stay away from this nasty bag, but I gotta say, girl here at work had a baby girl - named her Hana - "boring" was the first thing that came to mind, although I didn`t say it.

But there comes a point in a big city, where you have alot of half-Japanese children being born, and if all of them are Ken and Hana, it will cause a problem. If I was a half-Japanese kid named Ken or Hana, in school with three other half-Japanese Ken's or Hana's, I would draw the connection, and I would be pretty pissed at mom and dad. mad.gif

nekobi the other name your struggling for is TRACEY. ughh sends shivers down my spine.

Kev, Trace, Daz, Shaz. I wonder what the Japanese equivilents are?

This thread is quite interesting why did ANY of you even bother posting your kids name, when you wouldn't dare post your own? I understand your proud of yer kids name, but whatever happens the minute they walk into school be sure that they will be mocked!

those kevins, shazzers and trace`s are like trailer trash, but the uk equivelent. also known as `townies` because they tend to live in small towns or go out drinking in the crappy cheap nightclubs that you find in smaller towns. cheesy crappy nightclubs with cheesy people doing cheesy stuff.

You can tell i am a Londoner... :rolleyes:

to get more relevent...

I spoke with my girlfriend about names for kids, and we didnt come up with much. I wanted to use some of the kanji that are used on my inkan (suwaru/sit and kiru/cut), but she said those are stupid kanji and theres no way she`d use them in her kids names " title="" src="graemlins/cry.gif" />

But some people have terrible kanji in the names, or just terrible names. For example, GOMI-SAN always cracks me up. You also get women with the kanji for dog in their name.

I met a student in the corridor today whose name was WAKA. I thought that was a pretty cruddy name. Not only does it sound like BAKA, but it also resembles the english word `whacker` (which I told her about).